iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Co-dominate included bark failure

Started by Kevin, February 07, 2008, 06:04:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

Here's a Red Pine that I worked on today, it had two leaders and one failed in the wind bringing it down on the line.

I don't expect the tree to survive.

All the limbs supporting it were on the side it wanted to roll off of, all went well.

SwampDonkey

Must have been some heavy wind up on the lake, eh? It doesn't look good for the remaining stem, I agree.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Kevin

Interesting place, it is the first shipyard on Lake Superior dating back to 1735.

SwampDonkey

That's been awhile ago.  ;D

Cottage country now, eh?

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Kevin

You don't remember that?   ;D

It's pretty much covered in year around homes now.
You wouldn't recognize the place.  ;D

SUPERIOR'S FIRST SHIPYARD

The first decked vessel to sail Lake Superior was constructed near this site on Pointe aux Pins in 1734-35. It was used by Louis Denis, Sieur de la Ronde, during an unsuccessful attempt to establish copper mines on the southern shore of the lake. Alexander Henry, one of the leading fur traders during the early years of the British regime, built a barge of 13 tonnes in 1770 and in August, 1772, launched a sloop of 36 tonnes. These vessels transported supplies to a short-lived copper mine developed by Henry and his associates near Point Mamainse.

SwampDonkey

What is the industry around there now-a-days? The last two times I drove from the Saulte to Thunder Bay it was closed up in winter.  ;)

Kevin

That's because we heard you were coming through.  ;D

Lumber and steel are the main industries.

OneWithWood

One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

SwampDonkey

I had to carry Jerry cans for gas, no filling station open for 300 miles.  :D

Thank You Sponsors!