iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My newest saplings

Started by Elevendy, November 27, 2008, 10:28:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elevendy

These are the newest saplings in my garden, does anyone know what are they? I am not sure, how frequent this race in America, so don't blame me, if it's too easy.

Jeff

I don't know what it is, but I do want to say that you did a great job on the photos! :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Elevendy

Hehe, thanks! When I first noticed the upload limits, I felt it impossible to make anything good out of it.

SwampDonkey

Do the buds have white hairs? It looks like they might, as I see some on the leaf petioles. Looks like it could be European Mountain Ash.

Our species have no hairs over here and have sticky buds. I do have some European in the back yard. Commonly planted and it often escapes into the wild by birds.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Elevendy

You are near, if you are mean Sorbus aucuparia, but take a closer look on the leaf. There is a very important difference compared to the European Mountain Ash, besides the hairs.

tonich

The European name for Sorbus aucuparia is Rowan or European Rowan.
Ash is definitely much more related to Fraxinus, in general.

My two cent.  ;)

SwampDonkey

Now knowing that there is more than one species of Sorbus, Sorbus is as close as I can guess.

Our native mountain ash species are Sorbus americana and Sorbus decora. Ours have sticky buds and no hairs. ;D

You know, like sticky buns and no mold. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Elevendy

Yes, it is a Sorbus, and very similar to the S. aucuparia. I hope, after a few years, I can brew a lot of spirits from their fruits. ;)

Jeff

What ever you do, don't try to make Jelly out of them!
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

RynSmith

Quote from: Jeff on November 29, 2008, 08:16:21 AM
What ever you do, don't try to make Jelly out of them!

Now that was funny.   :D :D

Thank You Sponsors!