iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hope You'll Come

Started by Tam-i-am, July 11, 2016, 01:37:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tam-i-am

I was looking at this year's Pig Roast thread and noticed attendance was down.  I know people are busy and all but the Pig Roast is an amazing event.
You may recall last year we sponsored someone to come as we believe the Pig Roast is an event like no other.  It is a gathering of some of the finest people you will ever meet.  Well you sort of already know everyone, you just never met them.  It is like going to a family reunion just better as there are no in-laws to deal with. :D :D :D

As I am not as good with putting my thoughts into words here is what Howdy wrote after attending:

The way I was brought into the fold by EVERYONE could not have been any more friendly or accepting.  I did not need anyone to hold my hand or make sure I was introduced as we had already read each others postings and already had established a bond of friendship.  I met many old friends for the first time.

As it was Friday there were still many folks to arrive but the conversations were flowing, food was being eaten, beverages were everywhere and the spirit of the Pigroast was strong.  Attending this gathering of members needs to be on everyone's calendar.

With room to spread out Jeff and Tammy offer a wonderful location for many people to gather and a beautiful yard filled with tables, chairs, a fire-ring a blazing.

I grabbed a chair and joined into conversations with an ever changing number of members.  At no time was I not included or did anyone ever not welcome me into their group.  People were always seeing new faces, old friends, or different topics to explore so it was an ever evolving party.
There were an amazing number and verity of door prizes, some from the Forum's sponsors but many more from members with huge hearts wanting to share with the group.  Woodmizer, Stihl, and of course Logrite/Legrite/Blue Creeper brought items that everyone lusted after.  Jeff had designed several games to play and with lot's of kids plus the dogs to watch everyone had a way to enjoy themselves.  Jeff roasted a whole hog giving off a smell of delight, and it took a team of people to do the "pulling" as the critter was reduced to trays of meat and added to a tables filled with vittles.  After everyone had their fill the tables still held enough for a church social of starving worshipers after a long service. 

I do hope that those that are on the fence about coming decide to come and those that have never been find a way to get to the Pig Roast this year.
It is always great to see members we know and meet new members.
Get Stuff Moving Today!  www.bluecreeper.com  www.facebook.com/Bluecreeper

gspren

The first year we went to the pig roast my wife thought I was nuts to drive a thousand miles to a picnic where we didn't "know" anyone, we had a great time and she is now looking forward to seeing all the friends we met before and hope there will be some new ones.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

Cedarman

If you think about the things people treasure most, it is memories.  Memories of being with family, friends, the laughs, the stories, the trips, etc.   Any one that listened to Raider Bills goose story will treasure that forever.  It happened at the pigroast.  Last year I watched my 2 year old grandson size up one of Jeff's big oaks and take his little chainsaw with sound and proceed to cut it down just like he sees his daddy do it.  Priceless.  Happened at the pigroast.
They haven't signed up yet, but Ian, Claire and Brantley will be there.
What happens at the pigroast gets taken home from the pigroast!!! Memories and a full belly.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Den Socling

I'm always ashamed of myself for not showing up after Jeff and Tammy have put so much work into the Pig Roast. And they have been doing this for years. It seems like I'm always too busy. Heck I will be 66 years old in September. When am I going to get less busy?

Tam-i-am

We just count on being there every year.  It is just one of those things we put on our calendar and make it happen.  Most times we drive out Friday and drive back Sunday.  It's a lot of driving in a short time but we try to break it up by stopping at Cedar Point and riding a few roller coasters! ;D
Get Stuff Moving Today!  www.bluecreeper.com  www.facebook.com/Bluecreeper

Den Socling

I think we would have to fly to save time. Does Jeff have a landing strip? How long?  :D

DR Buck

Quote from: Den Socling on July 11, 2016, 07:09:45 PM
I think we would have to fly to save time. Does Jeff have a landing strip? How long?  :D

Bud's Lake is right there.  Just come in a sea (lake) plane.
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

red

DB Cooper usually drops in
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

Den Socling

Actually, we live about 15 miles from Lock Haven. That used to be the home of Piper Aircraft. In their day, a lot of people travelled in their Piper Cubs. There are still grass covered strips in wooded areas. Pontoons huh? I have seen them on Cubs.

Den Socling

ah ha!

Where's that Piggy?

fat olde elf

Great thread Log Rite Lady !!!! Lots of good endorsements about the event. I missed the first Pig Roast but have made every one since.  I have few relatives left in Michigan and my high school
pals are diminishing....but I have a whole bunch of friends at the Forum. Everyone should come !!
Cook's MP-32 saw, MF-35, Several Husky Saws, Too Many Woodworking Tools, 4 PU's, Kind Wife.

trapper

after the first one I am hooked.  Jeff and Tammy are great hosts.  You get to meet real legends of the forum.   Majicman  custom sawyer fat ol elf and others.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

Ron Wenrich

I made my first one last year.  Normally, I have a scheduling conflict on that weekend.  Last year worked out well.  I didn't relish the thought of driving for 13 hrs by myself, so I took a plane.  I rented a car for the final drive, and rented a room.  I made it a couple day event. 

I did a couple of shows with Jeff, so I have met some of the members.  But, there were several I haven't met and it was good to meet them.  You'll have a lot in common with everyone there. 

Highly recommend.
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

jmouton

i think this will be our 4 yr maybe 3rd  not sure ,  but we love coming , a little intimidating the first time you walk in but after 5 minutes  we were like family ,  we got to meet the people that we talked to on the forum and it was great to put faces with names , and got to make some good friends that we can call on for advice ,jeff and tammy are such great hosts  , we are lucky enough to live in mich so driving isnt an issue , so if you havent been  ,, come out for the pig roast and and enjoy everybody s company, we sure will .

jim and coach ,,log-gistcs sawmill
lt-40 wide ,,bobcat,sterling tandem flatbed log truck,10 ton trailer, stihl 075,041,029,066,and a 2017 f-350,oh and an edger

Thank You Sponsors!