I like this for board footage

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, March 07, 2018, 10:43:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John S

2018 LT40HDG38 Wide

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: John S on March 08, 2018, 06:34:03 PM
Goat, how do I print the chart?
I just printed it from my phone after I found it.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Jeff on March 08, 2018, 06:32:45 PM
Okay, here is another calculator for those of you with fat thumbs for your phone.  I'm calling it the poke calc. All you have to do is poke the item you want, unless you want to enter a number of pieces.  Give it a try on your phones and see how it works!

Board Footage "Poke" Calculator
Love it!

moodnacreek

It's all on the framing square hanging in the mill.

Jeff

You can use a framing square to compute board footage beyond 4/4 thick?
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: moodnacreek on March 08, 2018, 07:46:00 PM
It's all on the framing square hanging in the mill.
Mines rusty.  :D :D :D
But I didn't know that.

Bill Gaiche

Quote from: Lawg Dawg on March 08, 2018, 01:04:25 PM
Quote from: Jeff on March 08, 2018, 11:58:58 AM
Here is your Simple Board Foot calculator. Both new calcs are mobile friendly. Easy to use on the phone.  I'll add them to the toolbox.

Simple Board Footage Calculator

Thats awsome , thanks! Really easy to use!

Whats going on in this photo? bg

Peter Drouin

That one works well on my PC Jeff, But not on my flip phone.  :D  :D  :D  ;)
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Lawg Dawg

Quote from: Jeff on March 08, 2018, 06:32:45 PM
Okay, here is another calculator for those of you with fat thumbs for your phone.  I'm calling it the poke calc. All you have to do is poke the item you want, unless you want to enter a number of pieces.  Give it a try on your phones and see how it works!

You hit the nail on the head with that one!
2018  LT 40 Wide 999cc, 2019 t595 Bobcat track loader,
John Deere 4000, 2016 F150, Husky 268, 394xp, Shindiawa 591, 2 Railroad jacks, and a comealong. Woodmaster Planer, and a Skilsaw, bunch of Phillips head screwdrivers, and a pair of pliers!

100,000 bf club member
Pro Sawyer Network

Magicman

Yesterday I did a lot of "this" times "that" times "other" divided by "what".  ;D The good thing was that I got paid.   :) 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

terrifictimbersllc

Quote from: Magicman on March 09, 2018, 09:05:03 AMThe good thing was that I got paid.
First I thought you said you got an ipad. 
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Magicman

:)  tt

What I miss not having is a green log weight calculator.  I had an app on my phone but it is no longer operational.   :-\
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jeff

Magicman

:o  Maybe what I should have said was that I miss not having a brain that works all of the time.   smiley_dizzy

Fact is that I have used that calculator many time.   ::)

OK, I am awake now.   ;D

Klicker

I don't say it enough thank you for making things easier forms me and others that use this board 
2006 LT 40 HD

Jeff

I did some more work on the new "poke" calculator to make it completely "poke" friendly. No keyboard entry needed.  You can now select up to 100 pieces from the selection list.

I have also converted the log weight calculator to be completely pokeable and added a reset button to it which it did not have before. :)

Saw Log Weight

Magicman

alanh

Quote from: Jeff on March 09, 2018, 01:23:10 PM
I did some more work on the new "poke" calculator to make it completely "poke" friendly. No keyboard entry needed.  You can now select up to 100 pieces from the selection list.

I have also converted the log weight calculator to be completely pokeable and added a reset button to it which it did not have before. :)

Saw Log Weight

great work, is there a way to use it without being on the internet? my sawmill shed is about 100 ft out of service for the phone to pickup the interweb...

Jeff

Quote from: alanh on March 09, 2018, 03:17:31 PMis there a way to use it without being on the internet?

Absolutely.  Just save the calc page to your device. The calcs are self contained and do not need to be connected to the internet to work.

Jeff

While I was at it, I went ahead and converted the Saw Log Volume Calculator (Board Footage) that displays in Internationa, Doyle and Scribner to a pole calc as well.

Volumes

Kbeitz

Quote from: Jeff on March 09, 2018, 01:23:10 PMweight calculator

Hummm.... Whats another word for White pine?

edit... I found it...
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Jeff

For weight?  Under pine  eastern white.

moodnacreek

I figure the board foot @ 1 inch as per the surface area of the piece and add mentally if thicker than 1 inch [double for 2 inch, half again as much for 1 1/2" etc.  I actually haven't used the framing square in a long time but that was how I started, learned it in shop class.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I actually used the FF's new Poke Jeff Calculator today.

I like it a lot.  8)

alanh

Quote from: Jeff on March 09, 2018, 03:20:58 PM
Quote from: alanh on March 09, 2018, 03:17:31 PMis there a way to use it without being on the internet?

Absolutely.  Just save the calc page to your device. The calcs are self contained and do not need to be connected to the internet to work.
Ok, Im not surprised I couldn`t figure out how to save it to my iphone, but my wife couldnt either, I can save it but it wont come up w/o internet, can someone tell me where I need to poke?

Thank You Sponsors!