iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Can you save text while composing messeges?

Started by Brad_S., May 18, 2005, 06:41:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brad_S.

Furby,
I'm so pithed I could spit right now. I just spent well over an hour composing a reply to a question, then accidently hit a wrong key and lost everything. Is there a way to save text in a post from time to time as I go so that never happens again?
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." J. Lennon

Jeff

I recommend, if you are going to compose a long post, you do it either in notepad, or a blank email. You can take as long as you want, and then even spell check it in the email. Once composed you simply copy it and paste it in the forum post forum. Spending much time on composing a post can get screwed up in a myriad of ways. Browser timing out, forum timing you out, Internet burps and hick-ups.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Furby

Yep, lost lots of them that way as well!
The notepad is a really good idea, because you don't need to be online to create a post.

Brad_S.

Thanks Jeff and Furby

In the list of things that can go wrong you forgot pudgy fingers hitting keys that shouldn't get hit. ::)
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." J. Lennon

Jeff

Nother thing you can do, to keep the forum from timing out, is every couple minutes hit "preview" You can see what you have written so far, and it also tells the forum, "yep, I'm still here", without going live with your post.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30