iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Your own gallery

Started by RAYAR, January 29, 2024, 02:09:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAYAR

Currently doesn't seem to be a clickable link to your own gallery. You have to go into the search and make sure your 'user name' box is checked to find your gallery by your user name, at least that's how I had to find mine. Pics were also very slow to load. Maybe this is something still being worked out on this new update. ... Ray
mobile manual mill (custom build) (mods & additions on-going)
Custom built auto band sharpener (currently under mods)
Husqvarna 50, 61, 254XP (and others)
96 Polaris Sportsman 500
2006 Ranger 4X2 w/cap, manual trans (431,000 Km)

rusticretreater

thats how I looked up my gallery too.
Woodland Mills HM130 Max w/ Lap siding upgrade
Kubota BX25
Wicked Grapple, Wicked Toothbar
Homemade Log Arch
Big Tex 17' trailer with Log Arch
Warn Winches 8000lb and 4000lb
Husqvarna 562xp
2,000,000th Forestry Forum Post

SwampDonkey

Jeff and Jeremy recently said that is still being ironed out.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

RAYAR

Gallery seemed to be working fine now. (Tuesday)
mobile manual mill (custom build) (mods & additions on-going)
Custom built auto band sharpener (currently under mods)
Husqvarna 50, 61, 254XP (and others)
96 Polaris Sportsman 500
2006 Ranger 4X2 w/cap, manual trans (431,000 Km)

SwampDonkey

Not here, can't open an album to access the photos inside.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Jeff

try again with this new ugly template. Se if the old template was the issue
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

TroyC

Worked fine just now for me just viewing my gallery. Thanks Jeff!

Magicman

Yupper, back up.  It's good to see an old friend !!!    ;)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jeff

Please let me know now if everything in the galley works as expected.

Don P

Magicman

To see if I could add a picture from the gallery.

The above is the first picture ever taken of my sawmill when it was new to me and it is on my business card.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jeff

By posting the code given in the gallery now, you can click on the image, go to the gallery to see the photo, and if you look down at the info box, you can then click into the gallery where that photo is. Just something I noticed

SwampDonkey

Magicman

Not only did clicking on my photo lead me to mind, I clicked on Donk's photo and it led me to his.

SwampDonkey

Jeff

Wel, these all sound like improvements

SwampDonkey

You're doing great Jeff. She's coming together.  :)

Jeff

Peter Drouin

My pic are too big to post, Do I have to do something with my PC to fix it?
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Don P

I can right click on mine and reduce to 20%, usually works fine.

Jeff

Quote from: Peter Drouin on February 19, 2024, 07:32:59 AMMy pic are too big to post, Do I have to do something with my PC to fix it?
Yes, you need to reduce the size of your pictures to a point they will upload.

beenthere

Quote from: Peter Drouin on February 19, 2024, 07:32:59 AMMy pic are too big to post, Do I have to do something with my PC to fix it?
Believe can also change your phone to take pics that fit to fewer megabytes. As well, the images can be cropped without losing much clarity. There are videos to watch that have the details for taking "smaller" megabyte pics too, search "reduce photo size in phone".  Phones go a bit overboard to take huge photos that are not much good unless making a room-size photo to paper a wall with a pic.  :wink_2: :wink_2:  
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Ianab

Most modern phones take huge images by default, this cheap Samsung saves default images over 4mb.  Lils is 5-8 mb and can go up over 17 mb. Great if you want to print a large photo, WAY bigger than you need for a Web page. Hogs server space and bandwidth plus takes longer to download, especially on a slow connection.

Best way to resize depends on what you are using. This is the instructions to do it on my Samsung phone
https://www.samsung.com/latin_en/support/mobile-devices/how-to-resize-a-photo-in-the-gallery-app-on-your-galaxy-phone/

There will be a similar function on an IPhone, and any modern PC should have some sort of picture editing. GIMP is a free full feature photo editor, but overkill for simple resizing.

The image sizes you want is more like 1,000 pixels wide, rather than the 4,000 the camera saves. File size needs to be under 2 mb, vs the 4+ original. A quick play on my phone shows a 4mb picture shrunk to 40% and saved is now only 0.8 mb, and only screen sized (1300) in pixels. So it uploads fine.

20240220_063011.jpg
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)