iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Wish list for e-mail notification

Started by chisel, October 11, 2004, 06:25:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chisel

I know Jeff went under the knife today (good luck Jeff), but I thought I'd mention what's on my FF wish list while I'm thinking about it... ;D

In the FF e-mails I receive that notify me of new posts in threads that  I'm watching, it'd be great if the link would take me to the page with the new post, not the first page.

I know this is possible because another forum that I visit does this. This is NOT a complaint...just a wish.

Best to all,
chisel

Gilman

Chisel,
You might want to post the link to the website your are mentioning, that way Jeff could take a look at the code.
WM LT70, WM 40 Super, WM  '89 40HD
Cat throwing champion 1996, 1997, 1999. (retired)

Jeff

I'll bet that forum lists its posts most recent first. I could do that and the link wold be right. As it is, I like the forum set up the way it is with most recent rplies at the end. When new people come here they read from begininnig to end of the thread. Thats the way you read a book, not back to front.

The software does not give me the ability to notify for a certain post, only a thread. To change it would be beyond me, and probably beyond the way the software is written
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

chisel

QuoteI'll bet that forum lists its posts most recent first. I could do that and the link wold be right....The software does not give me the ability to notify for a certain post, only a thread. To change it would be beyond me, and probably beyond the way the software is written

Nope, the forum lists its posts like this one, most recent posts are last like reading a book as you said. Here is the forum: http://www.elitetrader.com/

Maybe the forum has custom software since I didn't see any mention of "this site powered by....." as I see at the bottom of this page.

Hey, no problem if it's difficult/impossible to implement w/ this software. I just thought I'd mention it as a possible FF improvement in case you hadn't thought of it.

I hope you are healing quickly!