iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Forestry Forum YouTube Channel

Started by Tam-i-am, April 13, 2021, 10:01:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Thank you Brent.  

Here is the title of the next video to come, unless I sneak something else in with...

Icesaws, Icecream 
and Timber Pimps :o

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

RAYAR

Hi Jeff, I'm a subscriber on many youtube channels and now on this one too (#555). No time for TV and I can watch what I want on youtube. Look forward to the content.
mobile manual mill (custom build) (mods & additions on-going)
Custom built auto band sharpener (currently under mods)
Husqvarna 50, 61, 254XP (and others)
96 Polaris Sportsman 500
2006 Ranger 4X2 w/cap, manual trans (430,000 Km)

SwampDonkey

I'd have to say, Youtube is 99% of my TV. Way better stuff than any network can produce these days. Been my TV for at least 6 years. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

jb616

Quote from: Jeff on April 14, 2021, 10:53:01 PM
How often would you guys like to see a new video?
1-2 / week?  Enough to keep things going and always looking for the next one....

Hilltop366

Quote from: jmouton on April 14, 2021, 08:07:11 PM
i dont really know how to subscribe to you-tube,,,i have watched videos ,,,so i may need some help, what do i do,,,
Just below the video bottom right corner there is a red rectangle "subscribe" button, click and done. You can also click the bell shaped button to get a notification when there is a new video.

Hilltop366

Quote from: Jeff on April 14, 2021, 10:53:01 PM
How often would you guys like to see a new video?
Depends on the length and content (which is a personal preference), if 15 - 30 minutes long once a week, shorter ones could be more frequent.
Subscribed.

Jeff

Ok, lets plan on once a week. With bonuses.  :D

What is a good time and day to premiere new videos? 8pm eastern Saturday night as an example?

As mentioned, there is a bell on there or something you hit. Allowing you to be instantly notified when a new vid goes live.

tamarackman

Quote from: Jeff on April 15, 2021, 05:18:17 PM
Ok, lets plan on once a week. With bonuses.  :D

What is a good time and day to premiere new videos? 8pm eastern Saturday night as an example?

As mentioned, there is a bell on there or something you hit. Allowing you to be instantly notified when a new vid goes live.
Based on my experience watching way too many youtube videos, I think the most important thing is to clearly identify the topic of the video in the video thumbnail and title. If you can keep it concise and clear, people searching for specific topics will hit on your videos.
Oh and thank you for the videos.

trapper

utube instead of tv for me..  Been watching a lot of firewood videos on utube   This is one of the very few chanels I subscribed to.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

Jeff

The next video is longer than I wanted, but it just needed to be to tell the story of the founding of the forum. I hope y'all stick it out and give me one on it. Saturday, 8pm.

The next 3 are all less than 10 minutes each, 8)

123maxbars

good deal looking forward to hearing the story, 
Sawyer/Woodworker/Timber Harvester
Woodmizer LT70 Super Wide, Nyle L53 and 200 kiln, too many other machines to list.
outofthewoods
Youtube page
Out of the

Tacotodd

It's a fun video to watch @Jeff  Can't wait for more!
Trying harder everyday.

mike_belben

i find that a dressed up thumbnail that reflects whats in the video and is unique and intriguing generates immediate views and subscribers.. The cover is important and a lot of the actual work.  Clickbait however will hurt you.. Example A bikini girl thumbnail who isnt in the vid will get you thumbs downs, bad comments, very low clickthrough rates and short view durations.  Those stats are bad for parking ads. 

A really good video in terms on content that has a random blur thumbnail from the camera just turning on, no tags and a vague title will be much slower to grow in circulation and take flight on its own.  One of my best vids in views was very slow to grow for that exact reason and its just how to solve a broken heater vent selector on toyota yaris.  Not a lick of glamour in it but there is a genuine unmet demand for that info.. So says the data.

When you are on the money your traffic will come less and less from FF and more and more from YT searches, FB etc and suggested pages on YT.  The impression click through rate is pretty important to identify when you are scratching an entertainment market itch and to go further with it. This will be confirmed when you look at individual video analytics and see that one video generated many subscriptions compared to others.  When people are subscribing it means you gave them what they wanted and they want more.  
Praise The Lord

Jeff

Well, here is what yer getting Saturday! :D

Jeff

Hey folks! Tammy and I are launching a video in a little bit. It was conceived, recorded and edited all today. We hope you enjoy it. It's a different side, but a side those of you that know us, know. Ya know? :) :D

Go to our youtube channel and subscribe and ring the bell to be notified when we hit live. HOPEFULLY It takes this time. :)

Jeff

Old Greenhorn

Excellent! Man that does look tasty!
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

WDH

I saw what Harley thought of the whole deal at minute 2:00  :D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Jeff

You can't script that. He was awesome.

sawwood

That sure looked good cornbread. I liked the bird on the roof and the chicken going into
 the batter. Enjoyed all the videos. thanks Jeff.
Norwood M4 manual mill, Solar Kiln, Woodmaster
18" planer/molder

Jeff

You might be missing a bird Lester! Check the fridge... ;) :)

samandothers

Up to 570!  Will watch more later.  
Thanks!

Jeff

The video that is going to go live at 8:00 is my telling of the story on how the forum came to be. Starting with homemade ice cream. ;D

This video is a little long. Really, too long, but it had to be to tell the story. Hopefully if you watched the first video to the end, you saw a sneak preview.  The next videos will all be much shorter. We will get that tractor fixed!

See you at 8pm. :)

Icesaws, Icecream, and Timber Pimps . - YouTube

doc henderson

love that story.  I guess we can help with the tractor at the pig roast if it still is not done.   :)
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Jeff

Thank You Sponsors!