iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Cantilever Rack setup

Started by busenitzcww, April 18, 2021, 09:58:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

busenitzcww

I just stumbled across these for sale on Marketplace last Wednesday and called the guy and he said it was $2k first come first serve so I borrowed my dad's car trailer and hit the road the next morning. He had a small komatsu forklift that was worthless on the dirt so we had to work to get them loaded! When we went to put them up I found out how unwieldy these things are at 16' tall plus our shed is just barely a touch over that. Finally got everything in place but need to finish leveling everything. Hoping this will help with organization and not having to move five pallets of wood when the customer wants the board on the bottom.
Oh and I need to patch a leak in the roof ;D

TmbrWlkr

Welcome, and nice work.  That looks like a 2 or 3 man job to erect those - I sure they will help your inventory management though.

RussMaGuss

I made up about 4 racks kind of like this recently and my god.. In an 850 sq ft shop I don't know how I survived without them. I can actually walk around the floor again! 

Stephen1

They Look Great. Thats what I need in my shop now.
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

tmbrcruiser

I saw some similar racks used, one thought for you. Make sure the arms have a good coat of paint, the steel will stain lumber if the wood comes in contact. Great find!
Once you get sap in your veins, you will always have sawdust in your pockets.

Thank You Sponsors!