Saved again!

Started by Jeff, March 18, 2014, 10:39:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

This past Saturday morning I heard hollered from the bathroom. "THERE IS NO HOT WATER!"   I went and looked at the water heater in the closet in which it lived, and saw water all over the floor.  I reached towards the water shut off valve that had this thick layer of blue and green mineral deposits on it, and found I could not budge it either way. No way to shut the water off to the tank without shutting the water off to the entire house. Even if I did shut the pump main off, we have a huge bladder tank that is capable of flushing the toilet at least 4 or 5 times before you run out of water, so there could be a lot more water end up on the floor.

As I stood there in a semi-panic wondering what to do, my eyes fell upon this little 1oz bottle of blue creeper sitting by Tammy's computer across the room from where I was standing. I went and grabbed it and put about 4 or 5 drops on the stem of the valve. I set the bottle down on the top of the water heater and reached back up to try and see if I could get the valve to start working back and forth. I really had little hope.  The valve turned almost instantly, and kept turning. I was able to shut the water off down to what turned out to be just a small drip once I had the pipes disconnected.

Even thought I've been a fan since the conception of the product, I still am amazed at the results you can get.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Raider Bill

I was trimming flowers and shrubs last Saturday when my loppers got gummed up. Couple drops of Blue Creeper freed them right up!
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Tam-i-am

Gentlemen
thanks for sharing your Bluecreeper stories.

Maybe Bluecreeper needs a cape, mask and pair of tights. ;D

Get Stuff Moving Today!  www.bluecreeper.com  www.facebook.com/Bluecreeper

Wallys World

I was heading to the church yesterday with about 3 tons of green red oak firewood in the dump trailer when I had a brake line start to leak on the Ford F250 diesel. I got the load dumped and headed home assisted by the trailer brakes. Got home, found the leak in the line and broke out the Blue Creeper and lubed up the line fittings. Went out this morning and gee, the line came right off. Imagine that. As Jeff said "Saved by Blue Creeper again!" Thanks Blue Creeper!
Wood-Mizer LT28G25, Wood-Mizer EG10 Edger, Wallenstein Timber Talon log loader trailer, Wallenstein GX640 wood splitter, Wallenstein WP835 Fire Wood Processor, Kubota BX 22 TLB, JD 445, JD Gator, Home made arch, Stihl 024 Super, MS251, MS311, MS440 Magnum & MS660.

Magicman

The shift lever boots on my little Ford 1500 had hardened and were letting water creep into the transmission.  Imagine that, after 47 years the boots were leaking !!!

Anyway the knobs had to be removed so I loosened the lock nuts and applied much force to try to remove both knobs.  Nothing.  I thought "what the heck" and walked to my truck and got the little Blue bottle.  This can't work because the knobs and threads are higher than the lock nuts, but I squirted both of them anyway.  I waited maybe 30 seconds and grabbed the first knob just as I had before and much to my surprise, it started turning.  The Blue Creeper had actually migrated up and done it's job.  The other knob also started turning with minimum effort.

Before applying the Blue Creeper I had applied major pressure to both knobs with zero movement.  How the Creeper migrated up following the threads was a miracle.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

trapper

Hadnt used the lift on my splitter this year. the valve screw on the manual hydraulic jack was froze. A few squirts of blue creeper that tammy brought to the pigroast  for me last year and I was back in business,

stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

thecfarm

I use the creeper on one of those ball bearings on a ½" extension for my rachet, In no time it was working mighty fine again. Getting a bunch of it at the WM open house on Saturday. A value pack,one I won,and one I'm buying. Going to spread the word about it.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Tam-i-am

Thanks for all your testimonials.

Making believers one small bottle at a time ;D

beenthere

I need to add to this thread.. Saved again!

This afternoon, my wife's quilting machine let out a loud and long screech. My wife ran to shut off the machine as it runs quilt patterns on its own.
It is used to quilt about 6-8 quilts a week and is used almost daily, and my wife is very careful about following the oiling instructions. We removed some covers and opened up the machine to add more oil in likely spots.
The machine is an industrial grade long-arm machine coupled with a computer that controls the x-y motors to do a myriad of quilting patterns and keeping the stitches all even in length whether it is moving fast or slow.
But no relief at all to the screeching after a few moments of running.
Called the dealer shop about 60 miles away and they mentioned bushings possibly needing work. I could visualize a lot of shop time or sending the machine back to the factory in Utah which would run into big bucks. But scheduled a trip to take it to the shop next week to work on the machine.

Then I got to thinking about the special things Blue Creeper does, and how it just may penetrate along those shafts moving in those bushings. Took a shot at it, and a few drops on each shaft next to the three bushings I could reach with the probe and asked the dear wife to give it another try.

Voila!!!  Smooth as normal and no squealing. Going to give it some full quilt tests before calling the dealer and telling them about Blue Creeper. Will keep our fingers crossed that it continues to do the trick.
Thanks to Blue Creeper, much happier house tonight.   8)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Compensation

My tow mirror on the passenger side of my truck was stuck. Really really stuck. So without using any common sense at all I put a few drops of blue on. Came back 2 minutes later and twisted outwards like factory. Now anything over 60mph they start to fold in. So can you put "not for children" on your bottles?  :D
D4D caterpillar, lt10 Woodmizer, 8x12 solar kiln, enough Stihl's to make my garages smell like their factory :) Ohh and built Ford tough baby!

Jim_Rogers

Quote from: beenthere on October 22, 2014, 11:14:50 PM
Going to give it some full quilt tests before calling the dealer and telling them about Blue Creeper.

I don't think that dealer is going to tell his customers about it. He'll likely loose money if they fix them by themselves. He may become a blue creeper customer.......

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Tam-i-am

Quote from: Compensation on October 23, 2014, 12:06:50 AM
My tow mirror on the passenger side of my truck was stuck. Really really stuck. So without using any common sense at all I put a few drops of blue on. Came back 2 minutes later and twisted outwards like factory. Now anything over 60mph they start to fold in. So can you put "not for children" on your bottles?  :D

Where is the "like" button?  This really made my day!  So it worked too good ;D

Tam-i-am

Beenthere

please keep us posted.  I'm on the edge of my seat.

beenthere

Will do that Tamiam.
Our plan is to continue running the machine and making quilts to see how long the few drops of Blue Creeper keep the bushings free.
Don't want to jump to conclusions too fast, but Wow!, sure was impressed that the machine oil that was supplied/purchased with the machine didn't keep the bushings free. The BC just blew the squeal away.. and it was an ear-penetrating squeal too. Dry on dry.

Along the lines in Jim's post, the dealer may just get a bottle of Blue Creeper and "fix" machines that come back to them (husband/wife team) for squeals, rather than supply a bottle with each machine.

My wife formed a quilt group at our Church that meets once a month. Some piece together quilt tops, some cut fabric for blocks to piece together, some make up the backs, and some do the final binding after my wife does the quilting of the tops and backs sandwiching the batting. There were 94 quilts laid out over the pew backs in Church last Sunday and I'll see if I can get a pic of them. They all will now be donated to different groups that will pass them out to those in need.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

thecfarm

@beenthere,I would like to see a picture of that. Please!!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Tam-i-am

Quote from: thecfarm on October 23, 2014, 05:16:19 PM
@beenthere,I would like to see a picture of that. Please!!!

me too!  All those quilts will make a beautiful picture.

beenthere

We returned home yesterday and the quilt machine finished an entire quilt with no hint of tight/dry bushings. Today we'll get one or two more quilts to further evaluate how "saved" we are with the BlueCreeper.

I'm impressed, but want to establish a better base for crowing to loud. Those bushings appear to be near ½" thick with a ½" shaft running through.

Trying to get a good (in focus) picture of the quilts from the phone pics that were taken. The one's on my wifes' phone are not. Hoping today to get the other ladies' pics and have better ones.

Will get some pic or two of the shaft too

south central Wisconsin

beenthere

Pic of the Church quilts and a video of the machine running a pattern on the third one after the BC fix.

Short video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhXOWmFIju4&feature=youtu.be
south central Wisconsin

thecfarm

beenthere

These quilts are not of the caliber that good quilters will piece together. Several are good examples of piecing quick and dirty, but they are still a lot of hand work.. up to the time they go on the machine. :)

When the truck loaded with things to help the Katrina victims, the quilts were the first thing off the truck.
south central Wisconsin

Ron Scott

~Ron

Tam-i-am