Warrior 12” swing-blade

Started by NZJake, November 21, 2017, 02:00:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NZJake

Hi all, thought I'd share video footage of our new M12 Warrior model. Very happy with the result!

https://youtu.be/DiZzY4RAyz8
Wife says I woke up one morning half asleep uttering thin kerf and high production, I think I need a hobby other than milling?

Bruno of NH

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

dgdrls

I really like what you have made with this series of mill Jake, 

Question,  does the power plant and mill head separate
from the beam for alternative style transport and storage?

D

NZJake

Yes it can slide off the beam but you would need machinery to lift it off. The Auto range of mills are heavy. Carriage weighs around 150kg alone.
Wife says I woke up one morning half asleep uttering thin kerf and high production, I think I need a hobby other than milling?

Crossroads

With the right fulcrum and enough leverage, you can move the world!

2017 LT40 wide, BMS250 and BMT250,036 stihl, 2001 Dodge 3500 5.9 Cummins, l8000 Ford dump truck, hr16 Terex excavator, Valley je 2x24 edger, Gehl ctl65 skid steer, JD350c dozer

MbfVA

Do you rate it as portable?  My 10 inch Peterson WPF is in my humble opinion barely portable.   And let me also add that it does not like the extra height of a Ford superduty 350 truck.  I have to use my aluminum trailer.

All of the principal swing blade manufacturers offer videos with the saw head carriages being whisked around like little wheelbarrows.  I would say my 10 inch is more like a devils wheelbarrow, with a lead butt in the form of a very powerful but very heavy 35 hp engine.
www.ordinary.com (really)

thecfarm

I have never see one like that on a rail.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

NZJake

I'd call our M6 and M8 portable. Our M10 and M12 a better term would be mobile. Takes around 15 minutes to lower the mill onto our trailer ready to roll out. Same attachment can be used for all models.

starmac

I do not expect to ever own one, but am curious. What is the maximum size board you can cut with one?
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

NZJake

With this model you can cut 12" planks with ease (2 cuts).
You can cut slabs up to 24" wide by double cutting.
You can cut 61" slabs using the attachment slabber.
You can cut any width slab by flipping the log once.

bandmiller2

Jake, tell us about the saw blade, do saw that size require tensioning. ?? Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

NZJake

Hi Frank,

Yes these blades are pre-tensioned. We are using a special tooth design to mitigate resonance build up. Also using very narrow kerf with our machined Turbokerf design. It's a six tooth to reduce bite impact. We've also tweaked hook angle to also reduce pull down.

Was very impressed with full 12" cuts without bounce in some rough looking poplar.

drobertson

Nice vid  , its slow enough to see the action.
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

MbfVA

Quote from: drobertson on November 28, 2017, 06:57:11 PM
Nice vid  , its slow enough to see the action.

Video's playing a trick on you.  It doesn't do enough fps to capture the motion in full.   Kind of like a strobe effect.   The blade is actually turning much faster than it appears to be.

MbfVA

Did you design this blade with replaceable teeth, bolt on?  I recall some discussion of that when you were putting forth info on the new thin kerf blade.