iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Getting ready to go to Deer Camp.

Started by Weekend_Sawyer, November 07, 2007, 01:12:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weekend_Sawyer

Next week my brother Chris and I are heading for the cabin. We plan on leaving Wednesday evening and bow hunting Thursday - Saturday. Set up for the influx of gun hunters on Sunday and hunt through the week of Thanksgiving. We will have 9 - 12 hunters in our camp. They gun hunt deer only so Chris and I have the cabin to ourselvs most of the year. We are the last to leave cleaning up and closing up and heading home Monday to avoid the end of thanksgiving traffic. Course then we come back for muzzle loader season ;D

We are the caretakers of our camp. We provide all non game food, LPG for lamps, stove and fridge (no electricity for us!), make repairs around the cabin. We are not the only owners but we love the old place alot and happly take the responsibility.

I'm so ready to go I am having a hard time concentrating on my work.
ah well one more week

Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

moosehunter

Nothing better than deer camp!
The Mrs. and I like the idea so much we bought a patch of our own woods and walk out the back door to hunt. Year 'round deer camp 8)

Have fun Jon.

mh
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

sawguy21

I love that song. 'We shoot da guns we shoot da bull but we don't shoot no deer. The only time we leave camp is to buy more beer'. :D :D :D :D :D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

moosehunter

"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

Weekend_Sawyer

There's a song that goes something like

It's the second week of deer camp and no one got a buck
Except for little jimmy he hit one with his truck

er something...

Jon

Ron Scott

~Ron

Weekend_Sawyer

Yep, that's it, funny how the lyrics are different in my head.
Ah well, lots of stuff is different in my head ::)

Weekend_Sawyer

Deer camp went pretty well this year. I took my first deer with a Bow. It was a text book shot at 25 yards, the deer took a step forward with the near foreleg and I placed the arrow right through the boiler room. Went about 80 yards and piled up, A good clean kill. I took 3 more deer in gun season, 2 with a marlin .44 mag lever action and one with my trusty Remington 760.  My freezer is quite full and I am looking forward to some great venison dishes through out the winter.

;D Jon

Jeff

I only got one, but am going back up in the morning for black powder. Lou called and told me the deer are yarding up on my property already, due to the snow storms this past week. Maybe I'll find another to harvest. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

beenthere

I found one this afternoon....in the locker plant now... ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Weekend_Sawyer

I hope to hunt WV muzzle loader the 13th and 14th.

I am ever hopeful.
Jon

Corley5

My wife hit a doe fawn with Mom's Jeep Liberty last night  ::)  Didn't do too much damage, a couple grand probably, to the Jeep.  It's still driveable but the deer didn't make it  ;)  The State Trooper dispatched and said he had a needy family in mind to give it too.  There's probably fresh venison in the Post's freezer  ;) ;D  I didn't want to be bothered with it at a cold 8PM but it woulda been good eating
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Weekend_Sawyer

The lady up the road from my house hit one years ago. She called me in tears and asked me to go check on it. I found it. Poor little fella still had spots. I assured her that I took care of it and did, nothing wasted.

Thank You Sponsors!