New 130Max owner

Started by yankeeredneck, March 27, 2023, 03:02:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yankeeredneck

My wife is - I think - almost done getting the sawmill set up. It took my forever to get the track within 1/8th inch square and even then she wanted to see if I could get it dead on ( which I could not ). Now that the track is down --- how difficult is it to level the track systems on these things. The saw is not on its permanent foundation but actually up on 4x6s that are screwed down onto my 16ft wooden trailer. I have the trailer somewhat level but really could use some insight into the leveling of the tracks.

Redmt

Did you get any answers?  The easiest way to level when I first set it up was to center up the adjustments on the feet. Next assuming that it's pretty close to being evenly loaded on the feet, take a level starting at one end and make a "map" of what it needs and where. Next I level it side to side at the middle, working out to the ends, next back to the middle and level it end for end. Then,,,,start all over from the middle and recheck and tweek it. BTW, I wouldn't worry to much about the diamond of the frame. Close is good enough. It doesn't matter if it's out a little bit.
Those who would disrespect our flag have never been handed a folded one.

yankeeredneck

Appreciate it Redmt ---- When I first tried to get the track square -- I could only get it like within 1/8th inch -- which to me was close enough. Now I am mounting the track to a base that I currently am building. I should have it done by end of the week - depending on weather and how late it I get in from work. So if I get the base nice and level side-to-side and front-to-back --- I should be close to being able to have the track somewhat level when I move it onto the base.

rusticretreater

I wrestled with mine for awhile until I discovered that one rail wasn't bent consistently from end to end. I moved it to the end of the track with the worst end at the end of the rail.  Then things worked pretty good.

Don't worry too much about getting it perfectly level right now.  Start cutting and let the weight and vibration make it settle in.  Keep your eye on it and make corrections as necessary. Finally it will take a set and then you start tweaking it then to get it level.
Woodland Mills HM130 Max w/ Lap siding upgrade
Kubota BX25
Wicked Grapple, Wicked Toothbar
Homemade Log Arch
Big Tex 17' trailer with Log Arch
Warn Winches 8000lb and 4000lb
Husqvarna 562xp
2,000,000th Forestry Forum Post

yankeeredneck

Thanks rustic -- good to know.