iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Forestry Forum 2020 Christmas Contest!

Started by Jeff, December 08, 2020, 04:52:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

We have winners!
2020 forestry forum christmas contest. - YouTube

Once again it is time for the Annual Forestry Forum Christmas Contest!

Logrite Tools, Blue Creeper and Riteleg Co as always are "in" as our contest sponsor as well as some member donated prizes!

(I'll add the prize here in a bit, let's get this baby launched!)

1st prize.
The new Riteleg Georgia 28" table legs. (Not even on the website yet! Designed for making river tables!)
or $254 value on any of Logrite Bluecreeper or Riteleg sites
WINNER: @Lostinmn 

2st prize.
48" Logrite canthook or peavey with a 30" hookaroon.
Or $171 value on any of Logrite Bluecreeper or Riteleg sites
WINNER: @DonT 

3st prize.
Value pack and oil can or $39 value on any of Logrite Bluecreeper or Riteleg sites.
WINNER: @ladnerlogging 

4th prize. A custom Laser engraving from @doc henderson
WINNER: @Erik A 

5th and 6th prizes. A quart of maple syrup from @Corley5
WINNERS: @Sheepkeeper and @Magicman 

7th prize. A Forestry Forum hat from Kitty, donated by Ray @thecfarm !
WINNER: @davch00 

8th prize. A semi-custom blanket from @Wildflower
WINNER: @btulloh 

Rules are simple.

1. You must be a registered Forestry Forum Member. If you are not a member, simply register and you will be eligible to participate. :)

2. Successfully Complete the 5 different Forestry Forum Who wants to be a millionaire games (Go the distance, beat the million level on all 5 versions) to proceed. Make sure you enter your information carefully! (You most likely will need to refresh your page to try and get to all 5 needed versions as they are presented randomly.)

3. Winners will be randomly drawn from those who successfully enter and will be announced on this topic on Christmas Day.

This years contest will be a dusted off and tweaked version of the Forestry Forum "Who wants to be a millionaire?" game we have used in the past.  The major "Tweak" is now a countdown on each attempt to complete the game. It kinda messes with your ability to run to google for each question. (Insert Evil Laugh Here  ;))

Good Luck and have fun!
ENTER THE CONTEST!

Note: While all members are eligible to win, members outside of the united states must pay for shipping and any duties or costs outside of the actual prize value or they may pass the prize on to another member.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Jeff

Keep checking for updates on the prize listings :)

dgdrls

Great fun,

Thanks Jeff, WIldflower and the contest supporters,

:snowman: :snowman: :christmas: :snowman: :snowman:

dgdrls

doc henderson

Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

scsmith42

Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

thecfarm

You will like doc henderson's engravings!! A very nice prize.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Jeff

2 entries this morning, Always nice to have proof positive that it can be done. ;D

Old Greenhorn

Well after nearly an hour and a half of the usual frustration I finished the first level, I think, but then it just bring me back to the log in window. Did I do something wrong? I refresh, check the contest again, and get the same questions. How do I find the different levels? These contests always have a devilish overtone to them pushing my brain to it's (short) limits. ;D :D
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

WDH

There are five sets of questions or levels and you have to successfully complete all five before you can move on, not just one. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Old Greenhorn

Yes, I did that, but then what? I mean I got it up to the million bucks, then it just went back to the log in screen.
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.

Jeff

Do you have the prompts or pop ups turned off? You will have no idea what is going on if you do. Every time you do something, you should get an alert on what to do next.  If you are able to accomplish this on a phone, it would be pretty miraculous, but I did a level and made it.  This is a javascript application. You must allow javascript. NOT JAVA!

Offs are you disables prompts.

doc henderson

I have completed several.  one said to remember the answer to move on.  but I also just re-enter my name and get another random set of questions.  and some I have completed several times.  hmmmm.  the audio clue is not much help!   :snowball:
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: Jeff on December 09, 2020, 09:46:40 AM
Do you have the prompts or pop ups turned off? You will have no idea what is going on if you do. Every time you do something, you should get an alert on what to do next.  If you are able to accomplish this on a phone, it would be pretty miraculous, but I did a level and made it.  This is a javascript application. You must allow javascript. NOT JAVA!

Offs are you disables prompts.
Not using a phone, PC. All the little boxes popup after each action. I believe I have javascript enabled.
I don't understand this sentence. "Offs are you disables prompts." Sorry, I am just very dense.

doc henderson

It is bumping me off before getting the million?  of course I am getting the questions right.! :)

Old Greenhorn

I get through the whole thing no wrong answers, and get a screen that says 'thanks for playing the christmas contest', then nothing else.

doc henderson

so I started keeping track of each of the five by putting down the answer to the first question, and the last answer which I was told to remember.  I have reached 1 mil to each of the five groups of questions.  now what?

Jeff

On my way to late archery season in the land of u.p. At a rest stop. Everything works, we have entries. Y'all help each other. ;) 

doc henderson

do you get some notice when you have completed all 5 successfully?  I have made it to the end of all of them at least 3 times... I think!

doc henderson

I was instructed to remember the answer to the last question of each of the five, but have not been asked to do anything with them.

Roxie

It's the most wonderful time of the year!   :snowball:
Say when

straincm

I too have completed all 5 sets and have the last answers written down, but nowhere to enter them. I am in the same situation as Doc it appears.

Jeff

Yes you do unless you have disabled pop ups. As soon as you complete a level you will get a pop up.  Or, you just aint paying attention.

Jeff

Jeff

Ive got Jeremy working on an alternative password tester for those of you that dont know how to disable a pop up, but that is all you need to do...

Walnut Beast

Thank You Sponsors!