iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Good Quality Optics

Started by CX3, January 17, 2015, 09:34:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CX3

I was wondering if any of you guys appreciated good rifle optics?  I personally prefer the vx3 8.5-25*50 with a varmint hunter reticle for my prairie dog rifles.  I can have these at the door for $815.  I am also interested in the Vortex Viper scopes but have no dealers close by or buddies that have one.  I really like their guarantee, and the price is better than a Leupold.  Just wondering what the ins and outs of them were.  And also if you have a good varmint shooter post it up. 

I really like my Rem 700 in 22-250.  Its bedded and floated.  Exmark trigger at 2lbs.  Heavy target barrel.  Vx3 scope as above.  And I like burris 30mm scope mounts on them.  This rifle loves 55gr vmax/zmax hornady bullets with 39gr of H380 pushing it.  I set the bullet 15 thousandths off the lands.  CCI standard primer.  Federal brass or Hornady superformance.  Bust 1/2 MOA all day at 100, if my buddy shoots it for me  ;D Zoom up and read that barrel :)

John 3:16
You Better Believe It!

SLawyer Dave

I like your shooting bench.   :D

CX3

Ha thanks.  I found it in an old house.  I retired it as a shooting bench, and added a plastic top to it with a few screws and clean fish on it now lol
You Better Believe It!

Corley5

I've got a Trijicon AccuPoint 3X9X40 with an amber triangle on a DPMS AP4 .308 and a Leupold VX-R Fire Dot 3X9X40 on my .450 Bushmaster.  I really like good glass and illuminated reticles  ;D 8) 8)  Both are perfectly suited for deer hunting in my area.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

CX3

My buddy has the vxr on his AR.  For night coyote hunting.  It is a neat scope that works well in low/no light. 

Id like to see your 450 throw a pic up
You Better Believe It!

Corley5

.450 Bushmaster with 3-9X40 VX-R

DPMS AP4 in .308 with Trijicon 3-9X40.

Alexander Arms 6.5 Grendel with Hawke 3-9X40.  For a cheap scope it has excellent clarity and the IR has green or red illumination.

repmma

Best groups I could get with a M77 was with 52gr Sierra Spitzers and if memory serves right it was 38 grains of IMR4350.  Took my first deer with that combo, may not crush thru a shoulder like you need sometimes, but it made tiny pieces of the heart.   
Thomas 8020, Timberjack 225C, Ford 5030 with Norse 450 winch, stihl saws and 142 acres to manage.

CX3

Hey that flat top rifle is a good looking rig!

repmma, what caliber was your Ruger?
You Better Believe It!

Corley5

DeerMeadowFarm

I use Leupold scopes on my deer hunting tools.
Vari-X III 1.5 to 5x on my 7600 carbine in .280
Vari-X II 1 to 4X on my 870 rifled 20 gage
Vari-X III 1.5 to 5x on my TC Omega in .50 cal.

Small Slick

I am very much a Leupold guy. I have several and really like them and their customer service. I say that because I once sent one in because when it is cold out (and it generally is when deer hunting in Wisconsin) the ring to adjust the power was really stiff. Leupold repaired/adjusted it and sent it back no questions asked. That I like !!  I now own 6 Leupold optics.

My brother has some Vortex glass on a few rifles as does my good friend. Those are some really nice scopes too.

John.

Ron Scott

I have several Leupold scopes and game cameras and agree with their excellent customer service.
~Ron

1270d

i was given a Leupold vx II 15 years or so ago by my father.  He was dragging a buck across a frozen lake and fell through the ice.  They went back the next day and chopped the deer and his rifle out.  The scope was a bit worse for the wear after that incident and would not hold a zero.  I sent it in to Leupold, along with a picture of the rifle/scope frozen into the lake and a description of the incident hoping to have it repaired.  A few weeks later a new scope arrived in the mail.   Thats some service.

Thank You Sponsors!