iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Help with a dig pattern.

Started by Jeff, June 04, 2023, 04:42:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hilltop366 and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

thecfarm

I did not know you are that close to the Great Lakes.  ffsmiley
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

aigheadish

Very pretty Jeff!

My water level is up, but still not near full. We've got ducks! Duckee and Scrooge.
New Holland LB75b, Husqvarna 455 Rancher, Husqvarna GTH52XLS, Hammerhead 250, Honda VTX1300 for now and probably for sale (let me know if you are interested!)

Jeff

How I fixed the leaks in the dike.

21incher

As you were drilling the holes I was waiting for oil to come squirting out 😀 so we could sing old Jeff's a millionaire.  Actually it looks like you have hit the jackpot from hard work. Being right off the lake a small windmill may help your  aerator in the winter months. 
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Magicman

Those soft(er) spots in the levee may gradually collapse and further seal themselves.  This could leave slight sinkholes or low spots which you may or may not even notice.  You will probably bring more dirt in and raise that portion of the levee anyway.

Anyway, looking good.  :thumbsup:
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Resonator

Pond is looking nice! :thumbsup: 
That bentonite clay is good stuff, used it to plug up are abandoned water well. They mine it out west, I used to haul flatbed loads of bags out of Wyoming and western South Dakota.

Roots, stumps, or other organic matter can leave a void over time when building up a grade. Good if they can be removed while the dirt is being dug, good you found it when you did. Even one of the excavator pro's on youtube who does pond building has had issues with leaking ponds, he just calls it "warrantee work". ffsmiley
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

Peter Drouin

Looks good Boss. I don't know about the dye. Is it ok for wildlife, fish? Do you get green/blue fish? or deer with green/blue mouth?  Can a human drink it? Or the bugs that are on top of the water ok?
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Jeff

doc henderson

kind of a messy eater!  gobble gobble.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Texas Ranger

Kinda like my youngest grandson.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

SwampDonkey

I saw one of those turkeys this morning, but it had been hit by a vehicle and laying at the mouth of the drive way into a neighbor's house. Turkey for dinner.  ffcheesy ffcheesy

Been an old Tom with two hens around here.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Nebraska

Jeff

Two shots taken from what is now the solar powered camera on the pond. I built a solar array yesterday including an inverter and nighttime battery backup. When I get a few extra bucks I'm ready to add a planned aerator that will keep the pond from freezing. It is also powering a wifi extender  so,  totally wireless.

Magicman

Nice and useful installation.  

I keep intending to ask what is behind the orange barrier mesh, just nosy?  :uhoh:
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jeff

Last fall, Furby gave me a ton of hasta plants that were to be discarded.  Within that 100ft perimeter fence, I planted 196 hasta plants. Deer are supposed to love em. I'm trying to get them established before we find out. 

Magicman

OK, I remember the Hosta plants but I missed where they were planted.  Deer regularly mow PatD's Hosta plants here at home. 

It's surprising that they have not hopped over there.

Jeff

So far, no sign of coming up. The roots look good, but everytheverything on top was dead and gone.

thecfarm

I have not look at my hostas, but doubt they are up yet.
Them things will spread too. If the deer don't kill them back.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

Rhubarb is above ground here, but it is still early for some stuff. Only wild flower out yet here is colts foot, which has been out since March.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

beenthere

I'd like it if the deer loved, or even paid attention, to my hosta plants. I'm trying an experiment to train them by draping a piece of rubber roofing over them with a 5" hole cutout. May work, and may not. 

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Magicman

Quote from: Jeff on April 27, 2024, 10:30:10 AMSo far, no sign of coming up.
OK, I forgets about da Glaciers.  PatD's are just coming back from da deer nubbin them off.

SwampDonkey

First day I seen trout lily and purple trillium coming up in the woodlot.

Hosta just breaking ground here and that is on the south end of the garage. I don't see any up out by the road yet, but there is probably 6" of dead plant material laying on top of them. Grows like a jungle in that spot, dark rich ground. :D

Nebraska

Looks like the leaking is stopped pretty well in the pond looks full from the pictures. 

Jeff

There is still a slow seep that is hard to detect Tammy and I did some exploratory boring yesterday and found another wet root/route  we injected a series of holes with the two bags of bentonite we had. Im sure the leek is simply a layer of topsoil that was at the lowest part of the top of the original dike. It's actually seeping out of what would be my emergency spillway if my overflow, was never not enough. We planted hastas and Day lillies around the base of the solar array.

The aerator pump will sit beside the new battery, that my son donated out of a truck with a bad transmission. A hose will go to to diffusers on each side of the pond. 

Thank You Sponsors!