Main Menu

Sponsors:

Poll: Beards

Started by Ron Wenrich, March 26, 2006, 09:28:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hiya

I wanted to see what I looked like with a beard. So grew one for 6 months. Shaved it for driver license pic.

Wife didn't think too much of it. It was like a wire brush :o
RichardinMd.

CHARLIE

Well, Tom might not have won anything in the Sandy Shoes Festival but I did back in 1963. This was my first beard (only had two in my life that I remember).  I won a prize for having the blackest beard.

Grew this beard in 1984. I had it for one year but Donna hated it.  I finally shaved it off.

I reckon the reason I don't wear a beard is 'cause I'm so DanG good looking.  Why cover up perfection? ;D
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Den Socling

hiya Richard.

You will be near our 'R&D center' (in my backyard  :D). If you are interested in seeing a vac kiln, stop by.

Den

Michigan Mike

Here are two  pics of me one fall winter and one spring summer  I used to claim that the beard was for camoflage but now need snow on the ground to claim that .  I have had the mustach since the year I graduated from  high school the beard comes and goes.

Dale Hatfield

Im with Mike
Bout Got kicked out of school for a  handle bar. Beard comes and goes with the cold weather.

Dale
Game Of Logging trainer,  College instructor of logging/Tree Care
Chainsaw Carver

Brucer

Last shaved in mid-December, '72. Daughter's never seen me without a beard.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

JimBuis

Quote from: CHARLIE on April 02, 2006, 07:54:44 PM
Why cover up perfection? ;D

Why cover up perfection?  A beard "enhances" it, it doesn't cover it up, besides it gives the ladies a chance.  I wouldn't want to walk around looking too sexy ya know.

Just call me sexy!
Jim

Call me anything you want!  Just don't call me late for dinner!!
Jim Buis                             Peterson 10" WPF swingmill

asy

We went out and bought a good Wahl clipper set.

Then I got some good clipper combs #2,3 and 4.

Andrew gets #3 hair and beard, Sasha gets #3 hair (no beard yet, he's 12!!!).

It's really easy, clean, and fast. Also much cheaper than a hairdresser.

Actually, none of us go to a hairdresser, I do everyone's except mine, and mine gets done by whomever is standing around with scissors (adult only!). Usually my mum, sometimes Andy's mum, and if I'm desperate (coz he can't really cut straight and shouldn't be allowed to play with scissors) Andy.

Mine is also dyed, usually by my mum, sometimes by a friend, if desperate, by me.

Actually, it was funny last week. A friend asked who my hairdresser was :D I said, um why? She said, well, your colour is so nicely done, I was wondering who did it. I said, my Mum did it, I buy the stuff from a discount wholesale place and mix the colour myself, then mum applies it (this time she did it one handed coz she broke her arm!). The friend said, "Oh, how does she get the lovely different tones in it? Some is so light and some dark, it's so nicely blended"!.

I said, that's coz underneath half is dark brown, and half is snow-white.  (I'm pretty much about 1/2 gray)

We both got a laugh out of that one.

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..