iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

pigroast contraptions.

Started by Jeff, July 16, 2007, 08:53:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

We have our first pig roast contraption under construction for the 2007 pig roast. Last year the ice table was a hollow log set on one of the tables. This year, were using the log again, but its grown legs. ;D  Tammy and I put this together today. Its not quite done. On one side the posts get cut off just below the edge of the log and a one by will be attached so you have a place to set your plate while you pile food on it. :)

The food tables will have to wait until some of the pre-pigroast-people get here a day or so before.  They are massive so it will take lots of bodies to get them set up.  :)  We will probably be making some seating for the big redwood table. It'll be fun to see how many it actually will seat for dinner eh? 8)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Part_Timer

very nice Jeff,  I bet that table will seat 18 or more.
Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Don K

Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

Jeff

Ya mean the red wood table?   I recon it'll seat closer to 30 comfortably  :D

Dave Shepard

I say 22 people. Are we going to have a contest? Who will judge the definition of "comfortable"? :D :D

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Jeff

Whats the definition of "People"? ;D

Quote from: Dave Shepard on July 16, 2007, 10:02:00 PM
I say 22 people. Are we going to have a contest? Who will judge the definition of "comfortable"? :D :D

You can still feed yourself. ;D

Dave Shepard

Might have to downgrade that number, I know some people that need a little flailing extra elbow room when they're at the trough. Why are you looking at me like that? :D

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

chet

Dat der hollar log sure do get around.  8)
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

LeeB

I sure do wish I could be there for all the fun. I't'll easy beat the heck out here. They ain't even got pig meat here.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Husband

Are there any other kinda bigish logs to be milled up at or around the time of the piggy roast?? ;) ;)

I was just wondering.. :-\

Now, people around the table, that is different to sawmillers I have been told ;D ;D

When you are done, if you like Jeff, send me that table down under and I'll confirm the seating numbers for ya! 8)

I hope to make it one day, have one for me.

BBTom

Speaking of contraptions,
I think Bioman ought to set up a Biomizer burner to cook the piggy.  Might get a little flyash on the piggy but that would just add to the flavor. 
2001 LT40HDD42RA with lubemizer, debarker, laser, accuset. Retired, but building a new shop and home in Missouri.

Jeff

It would be great if he could bring that up for us to see.  Several from Wood-mizer are coming I know.  :)

Thank You Sponsors!