iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Bangor,ME Northern Forest Expo,May17-18 2013

Started by thecfarm, January 02, 2013, 01:22:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

This is in Bangor Maine,May 17-18 2013.

http://www.nefpexpo.net/Bindex.htm

Last time I checked there was no times on the website. I contacted Northernlogger and they told me Friday 9-5 and Sat 9-4.

I just want to get it out there early so all of you that work outside your homes can sign up for a vacation day and go. All sorts of sawmills being shown off,the last couple years there has been a 1000 hp chipper in use. Lots of chainsaw,skidders,small wood lot equipment to check out. Big trucks and small ones.
I will be taking the Hammond Street exit,I think it's 183.Says Hammond Street on the exit.Much easier than exit 182A.Four years ago I wasted time in traffic.Once I got on to Main St I went by everyone and turned around and came in the way I am going this year.I went up there this winter and tried it.Worked great.Hammond runs right into Main.Do a google. There is ALOT of traffic coming in from the South,not much at all from the North.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

JohnM

Count me in! 8)  Might go both Fri and Sat. ;D  For those of us not used to such equipment those chippers are just insane!  Wish Lucas or Peterson were going to be there. :(

JM
Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

Piston

Finally I'll be home for this one!

So are you hosting the after party?   :D
-Matt
"What the Lion is to the Cat the Mastiff is to the Dog, the noblest of the family; he stands alone, and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed his temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race."

thecfarm

Yep,party at thecfarm. I will have to get the Magicman's recipe for his chicken.  :D :D I will go Friday to avoid the crowd. Than I would like to bring the Grandson up on Saturday.

John,hang in there for the swinger guys. Somtimes they go by a diffeant name too. Like the guy I brought my Heatmor OWB from. I saw his name there as Best Way Wood Heat. No mention of Heatmor at all.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Piston

Quote from: thecfarm on January 02, 2013, 10:26:15 PM
Yep,party at thecfarm. I will have to get the Magicman's recipe for his chicken.  :D :D

Ya but no grits allowed  :D

I just emailed JS Woodhouse as I noticed they would be one of the vendors, I asked them if they will be bringing a supply of Split-Fire woodsplitters with them to the show, and if so, if there are any show specials for them.   8)
-Matt
"What the Lion is to the Cat the Mastiff is to the Dog, the noblest of the family; he stands alone, and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed his temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race."

thecfarm

Ask them to bring one with an electric cord too. I saw one 4 years ago there. seemed so odd no noise,but it was splitting wood. I liked that.

JohnM

Quote from: Piston on January 02, 2013, 11:31:06 PM
I asked them if they will be bringing a supply of Split-Fire woodsplitters with them to the show, and if so, if there are any show specials for them.   8)

That's where I saw/found out about them, Matt. 8)  I'm 20-25min from the show if you want to see mine in person. :)  You too, of course, Ray. ;D
Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

thecfarm

Jim_Rogers

I usually go on Fridays, and I have already marked my calendar to go that day. We'll have to meet up at sometime of the day and get another group picture of FF members at one both some place.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

bill m

I don't think JS Woodhouse will sell to the public. You have to go thru an equipment dealer.
NH tc55da Metavic 4x4 trailer Stihl and Husky saws

JohnM

Quote from: bill m on January 05, 2013, 06:44:32 PM
I don't think JS Woodhouse will sell to the public. You have to go thru an equipment dealer.
True.  I got my Split-fire through the local Massey dealer, who (obviously) got it from Woodhouse.  But I found out about Split-fires from seeing them at Woodhouse's 'tent' at the expo.  If only I had the cash to buy all the cool 'little things' at that show.... :( ::) :)

JM

Holmes

I will  try to go up there this year, have to make a trip out of it ,5 hour drive. It looks like Magicmans recipe is ignore the chicken until it is crispin.  He does not treat his g--ts that way,looks like he does some spoonin  :) with his g--ts :D
Think like a farmer.

Brad_S.

I spend half the year working in Maine. Sometimes I am there during the show, sometimes not. Hope to be there this year though.
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." J. Lennon

isawlogs

I am putting it down on the calender, hope I can make it this year, been a while.  :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

thecfarm

JohnM

Quote from: thecfarm on March 01, 2013, 09:31:25 AM
It's getting closer!!!

I haven't looked yet, can you sign up yet, Ray?  Don't they send something if you've signed up in the past?

isawlogs

In the past, you signed up ahead of time and they sent out an entry pass free.  I will be looking to get a pass for this year as I plan on going if the clouds and stars line up.  :D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

thecfarm

I think you can now, Yes,they will send you the pass. But I always print out the page. Not just so I can save the $7 ?? it cost to get in,so I don't have to stand in line. I signed up a friend less than 2 weeks before the show. They hung onto the pass and he picked it up in the Fastlane.  ;D Just think up a name for your "business" I will put down "the Boss" for the Grandson pass. He'll like that. If there was Tractor Driver I would put that in. He likes to drive,but does not like to get off the tractor.

Jim_Rogers

I just signed up for free......

See you there....

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

isawlogs

Marcel

Offthebeatenpath

Been trying to make it the last few years... think it's time to make it happen.
1985 JD 440D, ASV tracked skid steer w/ winch, Fecon grapple, & various attachments, Hitachi CG-30 tracked dump truck, CanyCom S25 crawler carrier, Volvo EC35C mini-ex, Kubota 018-4 mini-ex, Cormidi 100 self loading tracked dumper, various other little trail building machines and tools...

thecfarm

If you never been you will enjoy it. I've been 3 times. The first time there was alot of stuff for the small time guy. I noticed the last 2 times things are geared more towards the big guy.

JohnM

Felt like I was at Staples, that was easy. :)

So, where we all meeting for breakfast? ;D

thecfarm

All I can think of is the McDonalds across the road from the expo. You know the area better than most. Gates open up at 9 right? I don't want to be late for the show.

MrPete

I'll be there it's only 22 miles from the house.  Where do you sign up early?

Thank You Sponsors!