iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Cheap implement/equipment paint?

Started by mike_belben, August 12, 2018, 03:30:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike_belben

Thanks buddy, i threw the batteries back in today to ensure i got some leaks solved before the rest of the tin goes back on.  Pushed a few piles out in the rain.  Felt good.  Workin on my turnaround.  Hopefully theres a shop in the middle before i hit 40.  Gettin tired. 

This is just a little stretch of my total property.  Last neighborhood i lived in, thered be 6 houses on that one spot. Livin like goldfish is for the birds.

This poor kid doesnt know what kinda iron problem hes in for. 

Praise The Lord

Crusarius

Just an update to one of my earlier posts. The rattle can paint I used from TSC that was john deere yellow Fades really badly in the sun. Looked great when I painted it but any of the areas exposed to sun now look washed out and faded really bad.

This is just and FYI for anyone considering this paint.

Puffergas

I painted a wheel horse garden tractor with TSC paint and noticed that it started to fade. Most of the time it is in a dark building. See's very little sun light.
Jeff
Somewhere 20 miles south of Lake Erie.

GEHL 5624 skid steer, Trojan 114, Timberjack 225D, D&L SB1020 mill, Steiger Bearcat II

mike_belben

I actually chose the TSC stuff on my own junk so that i could monitor that.. Id like to know how it holds up for future reference.  If it was on a customers dime id definitely have bought the cat branded stuff for just a little more and probably added hardner.  Just to give them that warm fuzzy cat value feeling to go wuth their window sticker, mudflaps, hat and boots.  

;D
Praise The Lord

bwstout

Quote from: Puffergas on August 24, 2018, 12:16:14 PM
I painted a wheel horse garden tractor with TSC paint and noticed that it started to fade. Most of the time it is in a dark building. See's very little sun light.
I go one of them one wheel tractors painted it with rattle can still looks good today. But it stays inside except for a little use in the spring of the year.

home built mill

mike_belben

Those things are pretty neat.  You use the sweep for weeding or opening a furrow to plant into?
Praise The Lord

bwstout

If you have every followed a mule behind a plow it works much like and Ol George a stalk or that what my dad and granddad called them I have many of the old plows that work with it. Yes I use it to make rows layby corn and middle bust. It is fun to watch a greenhorn try to use it. :D You can holler Gee or Haw and it still goes off in the corn but it want bite the tops out just plows them up :D

home built mill

mike_belben

No sir, cant say i have.  My dirt is so bad youd have to pay to have it hauled off.  Raised beds and compost have been doin good.  Saves me a lot on mule maintenance i guess. 
Praise The Lord

Puffergas

Bwstout, nice machine. The older TSC worked nice for me. A few years ago they changed brands.
Jeff
Somewhere 20 miles south of Lake Erie.

GEHL 5624 skid steer, Trojan 114, Timberjack 225D, D&L SB1020 mill, Steiger Bearcat II

bwstout

Thanks some rattle can paint works pretty good
home built mill

Thank You Sponsors!