iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Finally Pulled the Trigger!

Started by FayettesFinest, January 05, 2015, 05:24:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FayettesFinest

After a few months of racking you guys with stupid questions, I finally pulled the trigger on a saw this afternoon. Brand new Husqvarna 562xp. I wanted a 372, but they didn't have them on stock. The 562 was in stock so I went for it. I'll post pic's soon!
A handful of junk saws and a junk F250

Tiewire

Congratulations on new saw. Love your avatar by the way. :D

Maine logger88

Congrats! The 562 is a nice saw I really liked mine!
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

double clutchin weasel

Should be a great saw. Is that X-Torq? Auto-Tune? Or "classic"? Sure would like to hear how it works for you. I like a 60 cc machine for general work.

Incidentally, I wouldn't take anything for my 372! The local dealers say some of their bigger customers have stockpiled pre-X-T 372s. I don't personally know anybody with an X-Torq 372.

Keep us informed on the 562.
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

JohnG28

Last I checked a local shop here had an oe 372xpw, 75cc sitting on display waiting for someone to notice it. Decent price too. OP, there's a lot of stuff on the 562s fairly recently on here, if you haven't already I'd do some back reading to pick up some of the differences from the auto tune 562 from other saws.  :)
Stihl MS361, 460 & 200T, Jonsered 490, Jonsereds 90, Husky 350 & 142, Homelite XL and Super XL

Wild Man Jack

Sounds awesome, can't wait to hear some feedback after a few tanks

FayettesFinest

I finally got to cut a full day with it yesterday and all I can say is "wow!" This is an amazing machine. It buzzed through big locust trees like no ones business and the 24" bar made working so much easier on my back. The 562 with the 24" bar is a whole new ball game compared to the Homelite Super2 with a 16" hahaha

cbla

I have had the 562xp for a while now and its sweet. some people have had issues with warm starts but I have not. there was a video on here awhile back that someone posted with starting the 562xp warm and cold.

double clutchin weasel

Quote from: cbla on January 10, 2015, 06:49:49 AM
I have had the 562xp for a while now and its sweet. some people have had issues with warm starts but I have not. there was a video on here awhile back that someone posted with starting the 562xp warm and cold.
One of the local dealers around here said that a lot of the AutoTune warm-start issues people were having were actually due to improper starting technique.  He also said the newer ones they had sold had been belter than the originals. Maybe the programming is getting better?

This is still fairly new technology.  I figure, in time, it will become the norm, and we'll all wonder how we ever got along without it!
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

FayettesFinest

I haven't had much trouble with starting it, whether it be hot or cold. I'm not quite used to the on/off/choke switch yet, and I often end up flooding it out because I've tried to start it without choking it. Starting it is a little different than other saws. Almost seem like you have to be more "precise" rather than rip and pull like a mad man.

The only trouble I'm having is that the chain keeps coming loose. I dunno if I'm doing something wrong or what, but I just cant get it to stay tight and it's become a real pain sometimes. It always seems to happen when I'm on roll and the saws cutting good.

Thank You Sponsors!