iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I made a short video of me sawing

Started by lyle niemi, September 26, 2014, 06:02:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lyle niemi

but don't have a clue how to get it on here..lol I aint very puter saavy ::)

Ianab

First you need to upload it to youtube. You will need to set up an account there etc, but it's pretty straight forward.
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

lyle niemi

It was very painfull but I got it on youtube, Im still not sure how to gt it on here, rmember that Im prolly the worst guy when it comes to putters. Its under Lyle's sawmill and it was posted today iffin ya want to look at it. Feel free to post it for me...LOL

lyle niemi

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Chuck White

I love my Wood-Mizer bandsaw mill, but I really like to watch a circular sawmill run!

Nice video Lyle
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

ddcuning

Nice and smooth Lyle. Looks great!

Dave C
We're debt free!!! - Dave C, Nov 2015

jaygtree

great video. love watching boards falling off a mill.
i thought i was wrong once but i wasn't.   atv, log arch, chainsaw and ez boardwalk jr.

rooster 58

I love hearing the sound of that blade goin' thru that log ;)

North River Energy

You're welcome, Lyle. Thanks for sharing.

mad murdock

You're a YT star now!! Nice mill setup. You have come a long way in a short time.  Nice mill cover 8)
Is the conveyor and chip belt all running off the same power as the saw?
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

highleadtimber16

Lyle, What make and model is your mill?
2011 Wood-Mizer LT 40 hyd w/ 12' Extension,
EG 200 Wood-Mizer
Cutting Old Growth Cedar from Queen Charlotte Islands.

YoungStump

Thanks for posting! Love them circle mills.
Echo Enterprises 45HD2 production series band mill, Cook's Edger, sawing mostly pallet cants, rr ties, and grade lumber.

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

ozarkgem

Mighty Mite Band Mill, Case Backhoe, 763 Bobcat, Ford 3400 w/FEL , 1962 Ford 4000, Int dump truck, Clark forklift, lots of trailers. Stihl 046 Magnum, 029 Stihl. complete machine shop to keep everything going.

beenthere

Looks like it might be a pulley for a receder... to back the carriage up when raising a board up against that pulley.  That is a "maybe"...
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

lyle niemi

lyle niemi

Quote from: highleadtimber16 on September 27, 2014, 03:20:17 PM
Lyle, What make and model is your mill?
Its a Nichols mill, built in Edmonton. I don't know what model it is

Possum Creek

You have a steady hand Lyle, good video.

ozarkgem

Mighty Mite Band Mill, Case Backhoe, 763 Bobcat, Ford 3400 w/FEL , 1962 Ford 4000, Int dump truck, Clark forklift, lots of trailers. Stihl 046 Magnum, 029 Stihl. complete machine shop to keep everything going.

beenthere

Often by a rail that can be raised when a foot lever is stepped on, that contacts the wheel and at the same time releases the dogs on the setworks. Then as the carriage is moved back to get another log, the knees return. Distance is controlled by how long the rail is raised. The knees can be advanced by raising the rail and moving the carriage forward. IIRC
south central Wisconsin

ozarkgem

Thank You Sponsors!