iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Deadheader's Sunken Cypress

Started by CHARLIE, August 02, 2004, 12:44:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

etat

Gonna stick my nose in for a minute.  Way over a year ago Fla. sent me a chunk of pecky cyprus for a mantle piece.  I stuck it in the attic to finish drying and dug it out the other day and cut it to size and finished it.  Even had a piece left to make a new clock base for a old clock, lamp, horse I'm reworking and refinishing!!!!!!!  THANKS FLA!  It's looking REAL GOOD! 

The old clock lamp I am reworking.  It was shot so I put new innards in the clock, painted it all, and made a new base for it. The old base was pretty rough so I'm replacing it with the piece of left over cyprus. 

My pecky cyprus mantle, isn't it cool!!!!   :)

Once again, THANKS FLA!!!!!!!!  A LOT!!!!!!!! 

My next project once I get the clock lamp back together it to finish the Walnut that Patty and Norm sent me for the bottom of my stairs.  Its built and in place, just not finished.   With everything thats been going on the last year or so some things got put off that I'm trying to finish up now.   

Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

CHARLIE

Well, Harold was real busy shipping cypress!  ;D   He sure had me scratchin' my watch and winding my butt for awhile. I sure did enjoy turning that bowl. It was the first time I'd turned cypress.  Last month I turned a cypress lidded box.  I'll have to put a picture on here of it. It turned our pretty fair.

CTATE, that is a nice looking mantle.  What's more, everytime you look at it you'll think of Harold.

Burlkraft, I always wait for the CA glue to set before turning my lathe on.  That's why I have a streak of glue running down my face mask and the wall. :D

Here's a couple of pictures of my Cypress turned lidded box.  Notice the grain matches down through the box.  It's 10½ inches high with a cocobola finial.  The lid opens with just a very slight pop of vacuum.  It was given to a woodturning friend of mine for his collection.

Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Roxie

Charlie, that is awesome workmanship!  Beautiful!! 

Now, as for Charles thinking of Harold when he looks at his mantle, I get the same thing whenever I pick up a hammer.  Harold's the first one on my mind!   :D
Say when

Fla._Deadheader

All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Thank You Sponsors!