iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

LT 40 Rebuild

Started by whittle1, January 26, 2016, 09:37:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whittle1

I bought a LT 40 Hydraulic Mill a few months ago and have been in the process of getting it back up and running. Every time I take something apart I find three more things that need fixed. So far I have replaced every bearing on it except for the drive bearing and the cam followers that run on the rail. Replaced the lift chains, that's when I found the bearings in the idler sprockets were bad. Couldn't get the B-57 belt off the idler pulley because there wasn't enough clearance between the pulley and the guard. Pulled the pulley off, guess what bad bearings didn't really feel bad while mounted but rough when turning the bearing by hand. Replaced one blade guide and the bearings in the other. Replaced the bearings in the V-wheels on the blade guide and replaced the wires to the brushes where they were broke going into the motor. The surprising thing is it really cut good even with all the problems. I started out I was just going to strip it down to repaint and knew I had to rewire the control box because the sealtite was broken and had frayed wires. Anyway it has been fun I guess I'm demented like that.
Its been long enough and I'm ready to start making sawdust.

KirkD

Welcome whittle1 I am rebuilding an LT40HD also so I will be watching yours and you can watch mine. :) what year is yours? Mine is an 89
Wood-mizer LT40HD-G24 Year 1989

Ohio_Bill

Wow, sounds like it is getting some long over due maintenance.  I am sure it will pay off in the long run.   What year is the mill?
Bill
USAF Veteran  C141 Loadmaster
LT 40 HDD42-RA   , Allis Chalmers I 500 Forklift , Allis Chalmers 840 Loader , International 4300 , Zetor 6245 Tractor – Loader ,Bob Cat 763 , Riehl Steel Edger

whittle1

its a 94. I will add pictures if I can figure out how

paul case

I am using 2 of those 94 models and they both could use some work but they make quite a bit of lumber every week.

PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Thank You Sponsors!