iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Anyone else doing any hunting?

Started by Brian Beauchamp, November 07, 2007, 12:09:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nate Surveyor

My wife's sister's stepfatherinlaw shot a fake deer today, from his car.

Them fines is steep!

I think you should be allowed to shoot them with a fake gun at least!

N
I know less than I used to.

beenthere

That's not good, as he likely was shooting at night..What's the fine where you are at?  In WI, its about $2500 last I heard.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Nate Surveyor

I don't know yet. He is a logger. Not the wealthy kind.

N

I know less than I used to.

Furby

This was just on the news a minute ago.
The third hunter that has been shot in MI so far this season, was driving deer to a hunting partner.
That partner proceeded to shoot him through BOTH legs.  ::) ::) ::)

Norm

Well if nothing else the guy is one heck of a shot....most can only hit one leg. :D

submarinesailor

I just don't see how anyone could mistake a human for a deer.  All the years I have been hunting, I can't ever remember shooting at something I couldn't see will enough to identify it, CLEARLY id it.  I personally think the shooter should be charged or have his/her licenses revolted forever.

I hate using orange, but I use it because I remember the year Virginia started requiring it.  The number of shooting went for 27 to 8 – less than a third.  So I use it.

BTW - I did not get any bear hunting this week.  Again I was scheduled for t days off - I took off 15 minutes early on Friday.

Bruce

rbhunter

One thing to remember especially deer hunting make sure of the back stop behind the deer is adequate to stop a bullet. A few years ago some one was killed in Kansas in his truck. The thought is someone shot a deer on a hill top and the bullet carred for quite a ways. A deer will not stop a bullet.
"Said the robin to the sparrow, I wonder why it must be, these anxious human beings rush around and worry so?"
"Said the sparrow to the robin, Friend I think it must be, they have no heavenly father, such as cares for you and me."
author unknown. Used to hang above parents fireplace.

Tom

Montday, Tuesday, wentsday, Thursday, Frightday, Saturday and Suntday. 8)

Dave Shepard

A while back a man was arrested in MA for shooting a fake turkey. It got to court and the judge asked the prosecution if it was illegal to shoot fake turkeys in MA. Nope, it turns out, it isn't. Case dismissed! ;) ;D

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Furby

flip

Our shotgun season opened Saturday.  I heard a guy near us shot a 21 point typical with a 30" spread.  Has to be a county record maybe state, I will post pics. when I get them.
Timberking B-20, Hydraulics make me board quick

Brian Beauchamp

Quote from: flip on November 19, 2007, 07:26:34 AM
Our shotgun season opened Saturday.  I heard a guy near us shot a 21 point typical with a 30" spread.  Has to be a county record maybe state, I will post pics. when I get them.

Looking forward to seeing that one!

flip

Hot off the press.  There are a few more pics. that I'll try to get...

:o :o

flip

The new word is that Cabela's is offering him 1,000,000 for the deer.  There was a 42 point deer hit about 25 miles away in a town called French Lick but I have not seen the pictures yet.  I can't believe the stupid big deer getting wacked here lately.

Faron

I am taking my seven year old grandson deer hunting in the morning. 8)  He's been on me pretty hard lately to go.  I do believe the boy got here with enough clothes and gear for an attempt on Mt. Everest. :D  I don't expect I will be skinning a deer tomorrow, though.  Patience is not in the nature of a seven year old, for one thing.  The main reason, though, is deer are pretty scarce right in the immediate area due to the outbreak of EHD.  DNR believes our county lost 50% to 75% of our deer herd. :o  I am not doubting this at all.  I was walking the creek a couple of weeks ago searching for beaver dams and found 4 deer carcasses in about an eighth of a mile span.

Ethan and I will have a good time, no matter what we see.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Ben Franklin

faronskid

Hey!  I packed that kid's clothes.  I don't want my "baby" getting cold, besides, you'll be wishin he had more clothes on in the morning when he's complaining that he's cold.  and oh yes, he will be complaining.   Be safe and have fun.
5 rugrats = no dull moments here

Ron Scott

I'm sure that the grandson willl be great company and a hunt you both will long remember.

I stretched the rifle season out to it's fullest this season by taking a spikehorn buck during the final hour of the last day yesterday. Weather was cold and windy with blowing snow so I was thankful for warm clothes to sit it out.

~Ron

Sunfield Hardwood

Here's my first attempt at posting pics, it's a buck I shot with bow this year on nov 13{2 days before our gun season} I've shot over 50 deer with bow but this is the best 8)
2 international log trucks,woodmizer LT40 Super hyd, cat 910 frontloader, case 1845 skidloader,new holland 4x4 tracter with farmi whinch, lots of stihl saws, waiting to retire so I can spend even more time logging and sawing, yip-yip-yahoo

Sunfield Hardwood

Help! I read and reread the pic posting instructions, but I just keep adding the same pic to my gallery.when I go to my profile there is no "view my pics link", I find the pic in my gallery then continue,but it go's in my gallery again instead of into the post, any help would be appreciated. Bill
2 international log trucks,woodmizer LT40 Super hyd, cat 910 frontloader, case 1845 skidloader,new holland 4x4 tracter with farmi whinch, lots of stihl saws, waiting to retire so I can spend even more time logging and sawing, yip-yip-yahoo

beenthere

Use the preview button to determine if you have the pic in your post. If it's there, then you are good to go. If not, click on the "Upload or insert Photo?" under this message box, and then go to your gallery. Click on your pic (if it is there), and scroll down to where it asks if you want to post it in a message ("Click here to copy.......") and you will be asked Yes or No. Once saying yes, go back to your post and it should be there. 
Good luck.

So go to your post, and click on "modify" and bring your pic into it.  :) :)

(That is a real nice buck... ;D ;D ;D )  Congrats
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Sunfield Hardwood

Thanks Beenthere, You give great instructions. You folks will probably be sorry that I know how to post pictures  :D, Bill

Norm

We just got back in from our season opener this weekend. The temps have been running around 12 degrees with a 15 mph wind making the wind chill near zero. We've seen tons of does but only two bucks and they were so far away that I couldn't see what size they were. I missed a doe on Saturday while walking in but Joel saved the day today by getting a medium size doe. Thankfully we had fresh snow as we trailed her for a mile before finding her bedded down. A quick shot to the head put her out of her misery. It amazes me she went this far as the blood trail was very heavy but she still crossed a crick and went through a field that had been chisel plowed. We got her skinned out and hanging in the shed. I'm spending the rest of the day feeding the fire and watching football....life is good. :)

Thank You Sponsors!