iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

off topic posts split from current EAB thread

Started by AtLast, April 25, 2005, 07:02:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AtLast

For those of you that have been following this post...you will see that long ago I told of this " movement" of firewood....you will also see that I NEVER claimed that it had spred NOR that the " bugs" were fluttering about" ..NOR that it was epidemic...what I stated was that indeed the EAB HAD crossed the bridge...NOTHING more... I did this simply to inform those concerned....for whatever reason more was made of my " rumor" yet it has proven repeatedly...even early on..that EAB infested firewood DID cross the Big Mac....The particular case was in an area that was not heavely concetrated with Ash and a 2 mile area was investigated and found NOT to show signs of movement...once again I wish to TRY to make all of you understand that I NEVER said anything more than the prior statement....and because of my involvement with agencies involved the "rumor" or "statement" I made IS true...and for some reason certain people found it necessary to belittle or disect my "fact"... I was told of this particular case from persons directly involved in this investigation and subsequant fine of the persons responsible for this firewood movement into the UP...therefore when I made my statement it was with confidence and FACT...and as I hope you can all see that it was NOT irresponsible of me to tell you of it...AGAIN..I NEVER said ANYTHING more than this firewood had crossed the bridge.I enjoy this Forum and those that share it...my candor and statements are never and have never been an ego thing or the such....for the record I have NOTHING to hide in ANY of my posts and IF for whatever reason ANYONE finds themself threatining to disclose anything I have said than I say to them....go right ahead...I have and always   will be honest and open and willing to discuss my viewpoints...I respect all of you and your opinions and can only hope the feeling is mutual...at the same time I say to those that threatin... that it IS a 2 way street and the same interest  in communications would be equally "interesting"......what I wont do is get into a pi***ng match with persons that seem to feel someone might actually be more privy to information than they.....I am beyond that and ONLY have a concern for this situation....If you deem it necessary...feel free to look into my early posts...and how upset I got early on when pictures were posted of aledge ash wood in the back of a pick-up...this situation is my mission...my drive and I dedicate countless hours to it...I am called upon by agencies and regularly communicate at many levels to educate and provide positive alternatives for budgit stricken communities...from my first demo to present the goal I set out to accomplish is showing signs of successful education and alternatives...correct me if Im wrong but i believe emerldbore and swamp were made aware of this forum by one of them visiting my yard...I bosted of the vast amount of information this forum provides and encouraged to become part of it...once again if that is true or not I STILL hope the mission is the same....educate...inform...pass the word and perhaps this will help to slow the spred of this little bugger....In closing I will say this.....IF you would rather I keep my comments to myself that I will bow out and life will go on....but I hope I gain at least alittle support and respect in my mission and any "ill feelings" amongst good men will be put aside.....until than...I remain...

pasbuild

Atlast
My inquiry into your statment was to find an OFFICIAL report on the Newberry incident to better educate myself and others, your saying that it happened (and it did ) would only add fuel to the many rumors going around and add another sales tool to your less then reputable logger. A big thanks has to go out to ALL that have posted on this thread in getting the latest info out and providing the OFFICIAL links which is the proof positive that was needed, this info has been shared with several loggers and a forester in Newberry with hopes of stopping the false rumors.
If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

chet

Quote from: AtLast on November 28, 2004, 03:00:12 PM
I hate to be the bareer of bad tidings BUT as far as Michigan is concerned..its a done deal...the WORST fear was that this material make its way accross the Big Mac...well..it did....now the worry is ...will it move west.

Chris,
Your post makes the statement that EAB has crossed the bridge, yes.  But it also leads one to beleave that it is now established in the UP by your comment ...will it move west.. If you had also included some of the addition information about the incident that you now sight an entirlely differant conclusion would be assumed by a reader. The way this info was presented by you was to me was no differant than I would expect to find in the Natl Inquirer.  :-\
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

pasbuild

The way this info was presented by you was to me  no differant than I would expect to find in the Natl Inquirer. 

Don't forget the Mining Journal Chet :(

AtLast

chet,
In  my posts pertaining to EAB I CLEARLY said that this " material had NOT spred...was NOT epidemic and was NOT moving....I figured that it was clear that this was NOT a " rumor" to any sort of spred...as far as..."the only fear is will this move west" was directly related to the firewood which was the enitial post....as MOST of us know..the movement of firewood is the biggest factor to the spred of this material that is infested....obviousally as a minion I can understand your adgenda...but regardless as hard as you try to grab at straws or disect beyond intention....my posts repeatedly said that I was NOT saying ANYTHING about spred or fluttering about or infestation.....I guess because you relate to National Ing...that insted of relying on the ability see whats obviousally being stated...that some are not able to disertain and allow themself to to be influenced...I also said that land owners and such should do their research and be able to make an educated analoidgy....which to ME means....find out what it is you seek and make your decision accordingly...Once again I will not lower myself to some sort of p****ng match and if...for what ever reason you choose to let yourself be influennced for the wrong reasons...than again I point to my latest post that says.." I respect your opinion"...that being said...long ago I tried to educate...make aware...and if for what ever reason you read more into anything..than for that Im sorry...BUT Im NOT sorry for telling what OBVIOUSALLY has provin to be the truth....that INDEED...EAB material had crossed the Big Mac...surely you jest....and do as you may AS a minion...but.....I am not influenced OR remorse...

AtLast

P.S.....I recently was givin the third completed documentary that LCLTL was involved in and it will be aired soon....I'm thinkin LCLTL would not have been involved had they been unable to be reliable or informative...."Green Menice" was "ok"...look for " Path of Death" and this latest release if you choose...I dont think you'll find it in the National Inq....but hey...ya never know... :-*

Sawing Logz

It's nice to see you made it back to the forum "ATLAST". In some way we all have to have the fact's,  however we all joined this forum for good or bad, and we all are trying to stay on top of this one (EAB). Here is a fact that was in todays "Detroit News" the Michigan MDA was told by the USDA that there was no more money coming for the emerald ash borer problem from them, and that it has to come from the presidents fund. Look in the local news section.

Just my thoughts, Jeff
City Forrest Treecycler

Kirk_Allen

Quote from: AtLast on April 30, 2005, 10:13:02 PM
....and do as you may AS a minion...but.....I am not influenced OR remorse...

What on earth is that supposed to mean?

Huney_Red_Oak

min·ion    ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (mnyn)
n.
An obsequious follower or dependent; a sycophant.
A subordinate official.

'WHAT ON EARTH' is wrong with some in this forum?   Why is it that you find the need to pick-apart, pick-on and persecute  smiley_hanged  .  Perhaps once a month someone should be picked to be hanged out there for this reason. ? What a bunch of hens.  I LOVE the things I read in this forum.  There is so much information.  And I love the the pictures that people take the time to post.  But I think way too much time and space is wasted on nit-picking.  And replying nastily.  The joking is fun.  But picking at a man's life is not.  Come on everyone, can't we just all get along?
Loving Trees and others . . .

Corley5

I don't see the need for name calling on this forum and feel that Atlast is way out of line in calling Chet a "minion".  As for you Huney the only thing thing I've seen you do here is come to the defense of Atlast.  What are you?  His sister ???  It seems to me that you and Atlast are the ones having difficulties "getting along" ::)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Kirk_Allen

Quote from: Huney_Red_Oak on May 01, 2005, 10:30:37 AM

'WHAT ON EARTH' is wrong with some in this forum?   Why is it that you find the need to pick-apart, pick-on and persecute . 

Huney, if your directing that question at me I must say it saddens me to think that my asking that question was picking-apart or picking on Atlast.  I guess I should have taken the time to look up the word minion then I would not had to post a question as to what on earth it was supposed to mean.

But since you were kind enough to post the definition I will post a response!

Atlast, Short and Sweet, name calling gains you little in life or on this forum.  I think we are all to old for that.  I'm confident that you agree and I'm sure Chet would accept you apology. 

pasbuild

Topic: Current Emerald Ash Borer Information
Have we forgotten what the topic of this thread is? I think our time would be better spent looking forward and working to solve the EAB problem then looking back and going nowhere.

AtLast

pasbuild ..... Excellent point... You are absolutely right.

Thank You Sponsors!