iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Started by vtbuckslayer, November 20, 2008, 09:48:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vtbuckslayer

i just bought an 044 stihl and i was wondering since it has the hand warmer on the handle if you can just take those wires out and eliminate the hand warmers? also i didnt realize how much of a headache it is to put a new gas tank in.

thanks
ms 390 20", ms 441 24"
00 big bear 4x4(lots of extras)
98 polaris indy triple
98 gmc k 1500 4x4

sawcollector

As with most things, the tank housing is not so bad to change out once you have done a few. You can gut out the heater if you don't need it but if that is what you really want to do, you can lighten up the saw a lot by removing the alternator from under the flywheel. The non Arctic flywheel is lighter as well since it does not have any magnets on the inner side. There is also a heater on the carb.
I have an 044 without the Arctic features that I would be willing to make the swap with you to convert mine to an Arctic and give you my flywheel and handles and all. I will do the swap just for the trade of the parts so you will keep your engine and all other parts.
I collect saws and do not have any example of an Arctic at this time.
Let me know if you are interested.
Eddie

Rockfarmer

Is there a switch where you could turn the handwarmer off??

vtbuckslayer

got the stihl all back together the element and wires were pretty rough. Tore them all out and eliminated the hand warmers.  The saw is back together and ripping better then ever. thanks
ms 390 20", ms 441 24"
00 big bear 4x4(lots of extras)
98 polaris indy triple
98 gmc k 1500 4x4

Thank You Sponsors!