iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Job!

Started by sawinmontana, May 26, 2003, 10:41:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sawinmontana

A friend of mine who is a log home builder called me yesterday and told me he has a 40X60 timber frame to build. He knew I had some timber framing experience and asked me to help with it. Its funny how things work out. I had been wondering what I was going to do. I was about to run out of timber on the piece of property I had been logging and didn't want to have to look for a truck driving job. Now I'm going to get paid for getting the experience on something I really want to do!!

I must be living right!!

Scott

Jeff

Pretty cool. Keep us filled in. Should make for some good info to stick in here eh? :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

ohsoloco

Sounds great...take lots of pics  :)

IndyIan

Way to go!  A 40 by 60 frame will keep you busy for quite a while ;D   Post lots of pictures!

Edit:
Ohsoloco, you type quick!

WyMan

Good Going Scott!

Hey I tried to reply to your message regarding the shaving horse and got the email sent back saying no such yahoo acct.  You can email me or send a different messge and I will get back to you.  hibbertd@yahoo.com

Also, if you need some dry logs for the project, I have three semi loads of hand picked house/beam logs from a 4 year old burn - cut last summer.  The logs are located just south of Philipsburg which is between Butte and Missoula.

Dale
Just a thought from a freed modern slave.

sawinmontana

I will take pictures and keep everyone posted on the project.

Wyman my email is scottbaney@yahoo.com
What species and size are those logs?

Dugsaws

sounds like you are living the life Scott, wish I was in yor shoes, naw cant leave my little ones, but it does sound like gods country
Doug

UNCLEBUCK

good luck to you scott, mr.  sawinmontana !  i drive truck when my money runs out and hate every minute of it ! all my relatives loved your building ! far out ! 10-4
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

sawinmontana

Hi, all. Sorry I haven't kept everybody up to date, I've been real busy. Anyway, this is whats happened so far. Steve, the guy who hired me, was delayed getting the timbers for a week, dealing with a small family owned sawmill just north of us in Canada. last monday the home owner and him went up and picked up most of them so we were able to get started. they are all Douglas Fir, sawn from standing dead or fire killed. most all are 10x10 a few 8x10. the shortest 8' the longest 34'. we've had a few delays and Steve hasn't been there all the time. So far we've cut the short posts and are going to start on  the top plates next.

I promise I will get some pictures posted of our progress!

feel free to ask questions or give comments.

Scott

Thank You Sponsors!