iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Some sort of pod vine.

Started by Jeff, September 25, 2019, 11:37:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

This has discovered this in the ditch at the end of my yard. It was never there before kast year.

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Old Greenhorn

Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Jeff

Nebraska

Pull it burn the pods, we call it wild cucumber it's nasty and invasive. Will choke out and kill trees and bushes. I don't know the real name.

wisconsitom

Neither invasive nor anything to worry about, wild cucumber is a native, annual vine.  It may not have been around you, Jeff, but I've seen it here in NE Wisconsin all my life.  First frost takes it out.  Seeds will bring it back next year...and once again, it will not be anything to worry about.
Ask me about hybrid larch!

Jeff

I actually like it where it is. It helps block the view back by my polebarn from the street.

wisconsitom

Yeah, I like it too, especially knowing what it is and does.  I've heard,lol, that kids in the 1970's tried to get a buzz by eating the seeds.  Reports indicate a very bitter taste and little to no effects.
Ask me about hybrid larch!

Ron Scott

Have seen it near Iron River in the Western U.P. years back. Kids use to play war with the pods.
~Ron

Chuck White

We have some of it up here too, we also call it Wild Cucumber!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Thank You Sponsors!