Forum > Shows, Events and Places to meet

Lets make some Sawdust together ! (Event is Over, March 2021)

(1/2) > >>

Tristen:
Free sawmilling; you bring your log or logs to my sawmill and together we will cut as many as we can into whatever size lumber you wish. Everyone who brings logs will get at least on log sawn.
So if 20 people bring six logs each, we will start by sawing one log for every person. When everyone gets one log sawn we will start on log number 2 for everyone. Each person who brings logs will have to be present at the time their log is being sawn, they will need to take their own lumber off the mill and put it in their own truck/trailer.
If only one person brings 20 logs, then we will saw as many as we can for that one person.
When the weekend is over, or i am to tired to move, any remaining logs will need to be taken with you OR we can work out an arrangement (some kind of payment) for them to be sawn at a later date.
Oh YA can't forget; it is also my daughter Karley's 20th birthday party (golden birthday) , So on Saturday there will be cake, and she will be expecting a Happy Birthday Gift. (a piece of lumber from your log will not count)
We will have a camp fire burning and some hot dogs and a can of beans, we can provide the willow stick, you cook the dog yourself. Please bring some kind of a dish, IDC if it is a bag of chips or potato salad, just something to contribute to the "pot luck" type of lunch and supper. IF you want something besides hot dogs for meat then you have bring it yourself. (steak, hamburger, pork burger) What every YOU wish to cook over the open fire. We will provide some lemonade or water or sweet tea, if you want anything else, it is bring your own. (kind of like family gathering rules )
Even if you don't have any logs you are still welcome to come have a good time, watch a sawmill work, or get a work out rolling logs, carrying boards, stacking lumber or playing Disc Golf on our 9 hole coarse, (Beaver Tail Disc Golf Course) or even if you are just shooting the [I have typed a profane word that is automatically changed by the forum censored words program I should know better], bring your own gloves, especially if you are just shooting the [I have typed a profane word that is automatically changed by the forum censored words program I should know better].
Oh ya, almost forgot , i guess you could just come to wish Karley a Happy Birthday)

COVID;   There will be plenty of open space outdoors you will be able to stay as far away from people as you wish, you don't have to eat the same food as everyone else if that makes you uncomfortable, feel free to bring you own food and drinks.  Your mask may come in handy with all the sawdust.  The only bottle neck is the restroom in the house, we will have the covid spray out for eveyone to use and we will have the restroom area cleaned regular.  The outside restrooms, (behind the tree, or around the barn) should be covid free all day,  if you choose to use one of those.  

I am hoping to get a few local mills together and Make a lot of sawdust !

One of these years down the road, i could see this event having 25 sawmills and 200 people wanting their lumber sawn. (hopefully not THIS year lol )  I have no idea how many on this form are close to my area, or how many would even be interested.  so if you would let me know you are coming it would be a great help.   You can message me here, or "Find Davidson's all natural gym" on FB and click "going" on the event. The link below the photo will take you to the event.    

Update Your Browser | Facebook

moosehunter:
Interesting idea.... Can't wait to hear how it turns out.
mh

Tacotodd:
Thats a pretty interesting idea that you have there. Be sure to tell the FF how it all goes.

GAB:
I think it was Sept of '19 when at @Bruno's the opposite occurred.
Four owners brought their mills and Pete w/ Jim's help also brought his edger and Bruno supplied the logs.
A lot of sawdust was made that day.
GAB

Tristen:

--- Quote from: GAB on February 28, 2021, 01:41:13 PM ---I think it was Sept of '19 when at @Bruno's the opposite occurred.
Four owners brought their mills and Pete w/ Jim's help also brought his edger and Bruno supplied the logs.
A lot of sawdust was made that day.
GAB

--- End quote ---
I would bet a lot of good information was exchanged that day also, and maybe even some friendships started.   
If 20 people show up, eat my free hot dogs and watch me mill one of my own logs,  and no one shows up with a log of their own, and no one else shows up with a sawmill.  There will still be a chance for me to learn something, make some contacts, or maybe even get lucky and make a friend.  That would be a good day.  (especially with all the covid, and everyone stuck at home)  It only cost me a gallon of gas, a few hot dogs and a blade for my mill.   
If 400 people show up with 2 logs each, and 25 different types of sawmills each with an experienced sawyer willing to teach others and show off (demo) their mills,  can you imagine the information and knowledge exchanged at an event like that ?     Not to mention all the bull crap i could fertilize my garden for years.  lol 
Plus I live in a small town, my mechanic will help me with all my breakdowns with his free information, my pizza shop will make a pizza just the way i like it, special order, the gas station will stay open late if i call ahead of time. The person who delivers diesel for my tank will come out on a special run if my tank is empty.  The least i can do is saw some free lumber for the community.  
oh ya can't forget my daughters birthday !  lol 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version
Sitemap