iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

2021 Annual Forestry Forum Pig Roast August 6 & 7th, 2021!

Started by Jeff, June 09, 2021, 11:01:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

doc henderson

well another update for us.  my wife has gone back to work fulltime.  She worked fulltime hours before but could pick and choose dates.  now there is a template and a computer that schedules her.  I wanted to leave yesterday, but spent the day fixing stuff on the truck and rental camper.  I hoped to leave today, but my wife found a way to get wed. thurs. off so she could go.  she was off today but had to trade and work today to get thurs. off.  so we will leave in the am, and get there late weds.  It is worth it, as she gets to come along.  she will bring some craft stuff.  The original plan was to spend near a week there, but it has been "whittled" away with work and life.  (to continue the knife theme).  It does take some pressure off the getting things ready part.  So Georgia will be coming now.  what crafts/hobbies/activities are the female spouses interested in?  I did not want to call them wifes as this could be confused with the Wifi at the campground!   :D :D :D
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Old Greenhorn

Well my wife is a quilter for the most part, which apparently is not to to be confused with someone who sews. (I don't understand it either.) She will likely have some samples, but I am not sure what else.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

terrifictimbersllc

Ouch!!!! on the motel situation. We have tent site 19 at the hidden Hills campground thurs &fri nites
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Old Greenhorn

Is that "R20" on their map? I just check their site availability map and it looks like that is still open. Oh wait, you did the online reservation thing? Not sure how long that would take to go through. I just called them for ours. Tell them you are there for the P/R and there should be a discount.
 Are you driving out in one shot or taking an overnight? We are leaving in the morning tomorrow. We are taking 84 to 81 to 80 to 90, to 280 around Toledo, then MI 23 north unless somebody has better suggestions or advice on problem spots.
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.

Jeff

There is some room for a couple rustic campers here if need be. Porta potties will be available by Wednesday sometime.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

DbltreeBelgians

The 5th wheel is clean, the Powerstroke is all serviced, and the SxS is ready to load. I have to make a quick trip to Canfield Ohio to pick up gear racks for the fire district as soon as the Ford dealership is done with the LOF service on the Super Duty.
I have National Night Out tonight and a Make a Wish request for a little girl this evening also. Tomorrow is getting the hay baled that I cut Sunday afternoon. Come Thursday morning I'm headed north to Spicer's in Houghton Lake then back down to Hidden Hills Campground. 
That should just about do it I think 🤔.
I'm tired just thinking about it but it sure will be nice to see everyone.
See ya soon.

Brent

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: DbltreeBelgians on August 03, 2021, 10:25:44 AM

I'm tired just thinking about it but it sure will be nice to see everyone.
See ya soon.

Brent
Better bring a chair to sit in, so you can rest. SHeesh! :D :D

Tacotodd

Doc, don't ever let anyone tell you that you're not "sharp" .

I just hope that everyone gets lined out on the reservation(s), because I lost the paperwork (on my end) and had to call about 20 different places up there to find it again. Luckily they had already had me in reservation status. What a load off of my mind, & the wife too!
Trying harder everyday.

Wildflower

I do sewing and a lot of cricuting and some quilting. I enjoy most crafts from diamond painting to scrape sewing. 8)
I am looking forward to talking with the ladies of the Forestry Forum.
Co-owner of The Forestry Forum.

firefighter ontheside

The camper that was behind me is gone.  Maybe that is where one of you will be.  
I got a few trout to bite today, including this beautiful brookie.  I was suprised to catch a brook.

Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

terrifictimbersllc

Quote from: Old Greenhorn on August 03, 2021, 10:04:58 AM
Is that "R20" on their map? I just check their site availability map and it looks like that is still open. Oh wait, you did the online reservation thing? Not sure how long that would take to go through. I just called them for ours. Tell them you are there for the P/R and there should be a discount.
Are you driving out in one shot or taking an overnight? We are leaving in the morning tomorrow. We are taking 84 to 81 to 80 to 90, to 280 around Toledo, then MI 23 north unless somebody has better suggestions or advice on problem spots.
Now R19. Forgot to mention FF. Coming from Rome NY Thurs, 90 to 80 Toledo then up from there. Generally do what Siri says although that will change when the camper gets here.
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Old Greenhorn

I don't see R19 on the map, but it can't be that much of a walk in any event. Rome will give you a jump on us, but we leave in the morning tomorrow. I have modified my route a little since the earlier post based on some PM advice and ma taking 23 north but then jumping onto 96 and cutting over to 127, that is, if I don't miss the exits. :D
 It is what it is, and we will get there eventually.
 Dang Bill, that is one nice fish! If I hit into some good fish like that I might forget why I went there in the first place. ;D That sure would make a nice dinner with some lemon and butter.

Tacotodd

Quote from: firefighter ontheside on August 03, 2021, 05:24:14 PM
The camper that was behind me is gone.  Maybe that is where one of you will be.  
I got a few trout to bite today, including this beautiful brookie.  I was suprised to catch a brook.

That gaping open mouth made me think that at first it was a large mouth bass. REALLY good fish, good job.
Trying harder everyday.

Ron Scott

Very nice Brook Trout; especially for being new to Michigan waters.
~Ron

Crusarius

so I am trying to decide if I leave Thursday or Friday. What happens at the pig roast on Friday?

Magicman

We spent an hour waiting on the interstate for a wreck to be cleared so we didn't get quiet as many miles behind us as we planned.  We have now stopped for the evening, Terre Haute. 
We will have Indy traffic to deal with in the morning so there is no need for an early start.   move_it
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Old Greenhorn

Well we made it as far as Dundee and just have a few hours to go in the morning.
 Stopped at the big Cabela's here and got distracted. ;D

Jeff

Dont forget to get distracted at the coleman memorial, and jays sporting goods in clare. Also world famous cops and donuts in clare.

firefighter ontheside

Thanks @Ron Scott I don't think I was far from Cadillac where I caught that in the Manistee River.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Jeff

VB-Milling

Sitting at my laptop, working my normal desk job, reading some updates on this thread, and stewing with jealousy!  Hope everyone has safe travels and a great time!
HM126

firefighter ontheside

Driving around looking for somewhere to fish this morning.  I didn't find any fishing spots, but look what 
I did find.  @Jeff 

Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Old Greenhorn

Heard this tune driving in and thought of of Bill.
"Fishin' Blues" - Jim Kweskin Jug Band w/Maria Muldaur, John Sebastian - 7/22/15 - YouTube

We made the campground and are catching up and visiting already.

Howdy

Friday events are helping set up the Roast, dinner, music, sharing, and generally just having a good time.  

Visiting the wonderful Dr Pole veterinary clinic is something to do if you are a fan of his TV show.  The doc is so welcoming and warm to his fans.  When I visited he sat down with all of us and just chatted like normal folks.

Fridays are the kickoff and good times are had by all.
Howdy

Ron Scott

Firefighter on the Side, 

You are in the area of some primo streams, The Manistee, Pine river, and Pere Marquette.
~Ron

Thank You Sponsors!