iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Favorite Mobile Phone Apps

Started by Norm, December 23, 2011, 08:37:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave VH

what's the best app for tree identification on an android?  anybody found anything good?

and Jeff, I'll try the ff on my android also
I cut it twice and it's still too short

Bibbyman

Where can I get a free TV app?

I want to watch Roy Underwood Woodwright on PBS.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Bandmill Bandit

Quote from: beenthere on January 21, 2012, 09:32:05 PM
Just heard of the wake-up alarm app.
http://lifehacker.com/5441045/sleep-cycle-analyzes-your-sleep-patterns-for-a-better-wake+up

From a fellow who says it works great, put the iphone under the mattress and it analyzes the sleeping pattern. When near awake and restless (not in a deep sleep) during a preset period, the alarm goes off. A more gentle wake-up apparently.

Anyone tried it?

Yup used it for about 6 months. Learned how my sleep cycles work now i dont need an alarm at all un less i dont get to bed between 930 and 1030. that screws up my cycle and then i need an alarm for a few days.
Skilled Master Sawyer. "Skilled labour don't come cheap. Cheap labour dont come skilled!
2018 F150 FX4, Husqvarna 340, 2 Logright 36 inch cant hooks and a bunch of stuff I built myself

D Hagens

Quote from: Bibbyman on January 23, 2012, 05:56:29 AM
Where can I get a free TV app?

I want to watch Roy Underwood Woodwright on PBS.

Bibby, there's a free tv/movie app that has all the older movies and tv shows.
I'm on a ferry on my way home from the islands and my connection is intermittent.
When I get back to the office I'll post a direct link for you. :)

Jeff

Quote from: Jeff on December 27, 2011, 11:39:27 AM
If there is anyone out there that is running an android phone with a minimum of version 1.6 and would like to try the beta version of the Forestry Forum App, let me know.  :)

New Forestry Forum Andriod App Version.  This is for android 2.2 and up. It may work with older versions. Not sure.

I recommend uninstalling the old one if you have it installed, then installing this version, and let me know how it goes.

https://forestryforum.com/forumonefive.apk
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

DeepWoods

Bibbyman, there is an app for iPads that will get you Roy Underwoods show on PBS.  There are currently 14 episodes available for downloading.  Just do a search for PBS in The apps store.  Most of the PBS shows are available for download.  I could not find an app for the iPhone for PBS. 
Norwood LM2000 with 23 HP Briggs and 21 foot track, Hand Built Logging Arch, Cooks Cat Claw Sharpener and Setter. 48" Xtreme Duty Logrite Cant Hook.

redbeard

I been using Handyman Calculator and very pleased with the board feet multiplier  it calculates quanity and price also. Has all the tool box calculations also.
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

Norm

For the folks that are fishing fools like me there's a new app out there from Navionics for lake charts. The android one doesn't get great reviews but the one for the Iphone is supposed to be pretty good. As soon as it warms up enough to try it out I'll give a report.

Thank You Sponsors!