iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Please help identify This oak tree

Started by mad_science, October 26, 2016, 07:57:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mad_science

I just need to know what kind of oak this is. Is is good for building furniture? What are some of the qualities of oak? 

[img

thecfarm

Welcome to the forum.
I will help you out on a picture. The hard part is done. Helps to tell us what state you live in,or what country for an ID on your tree.

This is how I got your picture into this post.

I like to go to whatever post or start a new topic first to include a picture.Go to your gallery,it will open in a new window.Click onto your album,then click onto whatever picture you want,it will get bigger,than scroll down a little to find,Insert Image In Post,click onto that,click Yes and that is it. Some have to copy/paste the link to work.I like to hit the enter key at least once or twice to move the picture down away from what I am typing. The enter key really helps to leave some white space if posting more than one picture or posting a comment. Use the preview button to see how it looks and modify it if needed.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WDH

Where are you located.  That matters.  From the bark, looks like blackjack oak to me.

Blackjack oak can have knobby, alligatorish hide looking bark.   
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Thank You Sponsors!