iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Login difficulties

Started by warren46, February 05, 2018, 06:16:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

warren46

I have recently had difficulty with login.  When I attempt to login normally I receive an error message that the forum is unable to identify the URL that has originated the login.  I am logging in from my home computer over a wireless internet connection that is secured with a password.

I am able to login from the same connection if I change my forum password.

Can anyone help me find out what is causing this difficulty?
Warren E. Johnson
Timber Harvester 36HTE25, John Deere 300b backhoe/loader.

Jeff

You must NOT use previous bookmarks/favorites created before we changed servers. Closeout of the Forestry Forum. Delete all bookmarks, empty all browser cache and cookies related to the forestry forum then come back to the Forestry Forum by typing in the address. You chould be able to login as normal. then you can create a new bookmark.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

warren46

Thanks,

I got it fixed.

Warren
Warren E. Johnson
Timber Harvester 36HTE25, John Deere 300b backhoe/loader.

69bronco

Same problem, deleted bookmarks and anything else I could find. Says session timed out when I try to log in from tablet. Logged in from phone no problem.

69bronco

I got it, just takes me awhile  :P

lurk

Theme needs the login security check added to the login form by the look of it.
My FF Gallery
TGMForum The Garden Machinery Forum

Jeff

Quote from: lurk on February 09, 2018, 04:01:26 AM

Ya know what, you got me thinking. I knew that I had added it, but did I add it everywhere? I went looking. Nope. It was added in the smf4mobile theme, it was added on the index.template.php file, but guess what? It was not there on the login.template.php

Thanks for the heads up!

lurk

Quote from: Jeff on February 09, 2018, 08:14:17 AM
Quote from: lurk on February 09, 2018, 04:01:26 AM

Ya know what, you got me thinking. I knew that I had added it, but did I add it everywhere? I went looking. Nope. It was added in the smf4mobile theme, it was added on the index.template.php file, but guess what? It was not there on the login.template.php

Thanks for the heads up!

I can log in from the login box top left of the theme (Login2), but if I try to log in from the login button in the main menu (login), I keep getting, "You didn't enter your password."

There's also some strange stuff coming from the notications if you view it in Chrome webtools Console.  And something from a countdown script

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot set property 'innerHTML' of null
    at index.php:545

<script>
// Set the date we're counting down to
var countDownDate = new Date("Aug 4, 2018 00:01:00").getTime();

// Update the count down every 1 second
var x = setInterval(function() {

// Get todays date and time
    var now = new Date().getTime();

// Find the distance between now an the count down date
    var distance = countDownDate - now;

// Time calculations for days, hours, minutes and seconds
    var days = Math.floor(distance / (1000 * 60 * 60 * 24));
    var hours = Math.floor((distance % (1000 * 60 * 60 * 24)) / (1000 * 60 * 60));
    var minutes = Math.floor((distance % (1000 * 60 * 60)) / (1000 * 60));
    var seconds = Math.floor((distance % (1000 * 60)) / 1000);

// Output the result in an element with id="demo"
    document.getElementById("demo").innerHTML = days + " days " + hours + " hours "
    + minutes + "m " + seconds + "s Until the Pigroast";

// If the count down is over, write some text
    if (distance < 0) {
        clearInterval(x);
        document.getElementById("demo").innerHTML = "EXPIRED";
    }
}, 1000);
</script>
My FF Gallery

Jeff

@lurk the countdown script is for the Forestry Forum pigroast. It is over in the left hand column, been there for many years. it just get's reset every year.

Jeff

@lurk can you try and use the main login form again and report back?  I  replaced the login form with a backup and then installed Arantor's login patch. It seems to have fixed the issue.

I'm not sure what is going on with Uncaught TypeError: Cannot set property 'innerHTML' of null

lurk

Quote from: Jeff on February 11, 2018, 09:02:18 AM

@lurk can you try and use the main login form again and report back?  I  replaced the login form with a backup and then installed Arantor's login patch. It seems to have fixed the issue.

That's better Jeff, works now with both logins.   8)
My FF Gallery

lurk

Regarding the other error, ok to upload attachments, or do I need to use the gallery, I ask only because I have a couple of screenshots of what I see in error console. and it says.

DO NOT USE THIS FACILITY FOR UPLOADING PHOTOS!
My FF Gallery

lurk

Quote from: Jeff on February 11, 2018, 09:02:18 AM
@lurk

I'm not sure what is going on with Uncaught TypeError: Cannot set property 'innerHTML' of null

Jeff, in error console it adds this error every time the alerts refresh at the top left of page (next Good morning, lurk *)  See second screenshot above,

Clicking the link on that error it takes me to that countdown script. and highlights the line with assumed problem.  first screenshot,
My FF Gallery

Jeff

Yea, I found it. It was all the countdown script.  I tried implementing it in a different way and it still produces the errors. For now I've just removed it.  All it was was for show anyhow. I doubt if anyone referred to it. I'll find a different way when pigroast time gets closer.

I wish the consol would show me something for that members map error!

Jeff

by george it did!

XML Parsing Error: no root element found
Location: http://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?action=googlemap;sa=.xml
Line Number 1, Column 1:
index.php:1:1
TypeError: xmldoc is null
[Learn More]
index.php:146:6
Google Maps API warning: SensorNotRequired https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/error-messages#sensor-not-required

lurk

Quote from: Jeff on February 11, 2018, 10:05:07 AM

by george it did!

Thought I'd already mentioned that somewhere.  Perhaps I didn't hit the post button..  :)
My FF Gallery

Jeff

Not sure if this is the cause, but it least it is a clue. Trying to figure out the remedy

Jeff

@lurk a little googling and I find that the xml parse error could be permissions related. SO, I changed the themes directory permissions from 777 to 775 and wallah!  The map stays loaded! However no pins load....

Jeff

DRAT!  IT was only a temporary thing. Must be google was asleep.

lurk

Yes a strange one.  The map pin shown in your profile though, which makes me wonder why it won't show on the map.  Not that I've used the google maps thing for several years, think I tried it once. lol..

I'll keep looking for clues, though it's suggesting a server config problem with the 500 error
My FF Gallery

lurk

Quote from: Jeff on February 11, 2018, 10:25:06 AM
@lurk a little googling and I find that the xml parse error could be permissions related. SO, I changed the themes directory permissions from 777 to 775 and wallah!  The map stays loaded! However no pins load....

Actually, talking of themes, I noticed in IE11 this forum page no longer fits the screen and gives a horizontal scroll bar at the bottom.  Sure it wasn't like that before.

Also are you sure there's no js conflicts ajax or other?  Because it's strange how the map page loads and after a few seconds disappears.
My FF Gallery

lurk

This second page is ok, fits screen perfectly.

I now think it's a problem when you use the [code][/code] tags It breaks out of the side of the theme giving you the scroll bar at the bottom.
My FF Gallery

Jeff

It is the code links.   They wreak havoc. Long links too. And youtube embedded videos.    The Map. It worked perfectly until we switched servers. I am pretty certain it worked when I was testing after the moved as well. It quit working when I upgraded the forum software to 2.0.15. That is when all the login issues started as well

lurk

Quote from: Jeff on February 11, 2018, 01:33:33 PM
It is the code links.   They wreak havoc. Long links too. And youtube embedded videos.    The Map. It worked perfectly until we switched servers. I am pretty certain it worked when I was testing after the moved as well. It quit working when I upgraded the forum software to 2.0.15. That is when all the login issues started as well

Login issues started with 2.0.14.  The latest SMF updates have caused havoc with many mods and themes to be honest, it's created a bit of a mess.  Not all mods, although they say compatible with SMF2, unfortunately some aren't even if the package parser says they are.  Because there's several code changes in SMF 2.0.14 up.

We only had to update our Tinyportal mod to cure the login fix, so we were quite lucky.

A couple of questions I'm curious about.  Isn't the portal you're using supposed to be responsive? And what mod do you use to embed YT video's ?
My FF Gallery

Jeff

Yes, ezportal is what I've used for ever now, and it is supposed to be responsive now. Well, I guess I don't know if it is responsive or not, only that you can choose to hide or view blocks depending for mobile or desktop.

The embed mod is the "simple audio video embedder".  I have been in search of a substitute, but have not found anything.  I know full well you can embed a video that is responsive putting the iframe in <div> tags and use css, as I have done it on other websites I work on, but it is a manual process, not an automated one that we need here. I'm guessing it would have to be done with javascripting, I don't think pure css can so it.