iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Check out this mill...

Started by Coon, April 16, 2011, 06:35:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coon

I was just being a youtube bum a few mins ago and found this video....  Very interesting to say the least.  :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMEV2UL79us&NR=1&feature=fvwp

What do you people think of this one?   

Brad.
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

Wildcat

Whooly cow what sawmill !!! :o :o
this puts all others out to pasture...

ladylake

Looks  $$$$$$$$, but nice.  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

beenthere

Looks a bit on the slow, deliberate side. And not showing much on getting rid of slabs and boards.  
And I'd bet the cost is outstanding as well.
But it was an interesting video, and thanks for the enlightenment. ;)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

coyotencuttin

81 horsepower diesel engine for the 1200mm wheel version. I think I'd need a kenworth to make it portable. Wow!
Woodmizer LT 40 Hydraulic.

Chuck White

Really nice mill.

Seems to be a little rough on turning cants!

I like the sawdust collection system!

Way out of my budget, but nice!

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

bugdust

......but it ain't orange!   :-\ :-\ :-\
Since I retired I really like work: It fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours.

Bandmill Bandit

Quote from: bugdust on April 16, 2011, 07:30:24 PM
......but it ain't orange!   :-\ :-\ :-\

Yea but it just might be German! :P  checking now.

Yup German! Looks like head office in Hanover. Will have pricing mid week.

Skilled Master Sawyer. "Skilled labour don't come cheap. Cheap labour dont come skilled!
2018 F150 FX4, Husqvarna 340, 2 Logright 36 inch cant hooks and a bunch of stuff I built myself

Ernie

I'm quite happy getting the exercise pushing my Rimu twinsaw in the hot sun.  Maybe in another ten years or so.  I'll get myself one for my 80th birthday. :D
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

Skip

:o Looks like the Germans built a better mouse trap  ;)

Magicman

I enjoyed watching it.  After today, it's fun watching someone else saw.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Brad_S.

Interesting but I wouldn't say better. I reminds me a bit of my first saw, a Breezewood. It had a seat that allowed the sawyer to have the same view. The problem is it is not a one man machine when there is a seat on the machine, an off bearer is needed. IMO, the double turner and double clamping system look rather cumbersome. I do like the sawdust catcher though.
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." J. Lennon

D Hagens

Quote from: Skip on April 16, 2011, 10:08:01 PM
:o Looks like the Germans built a better mouse trap  ;)

Awwwww......no, this is the best mouse trap 8)

:D :D

Coon

Those mousetraps are fine as long as you have steel toed boots on.... kinda hard on toes otherwise.  :D  :D  Don't ask how I know. 
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

Warbird

Nice mill!  I could probably afford a single hydraulic lifter and maybe even one saw blade!

backwoods sawyer

Looks like a good solid mill that is not short on options.
Backwoods Custom Milling Inc.
100% portable. . Oregons largest portable sawmill service, serving all of Oregon, from our Backwoods to yours..sawing since 1991

Woodchuck53

Way out of my budget if I was looking. Nice rig though, thanks for sharing.
Case 1030 w/ Ford FEL, NH 3930 w/Ford FEL, Ford 801 backhoe/loader, TMC 4000# forklift, Stihl 090G-60" bar, 039AV, and 038, Corley 52" circle saw, 15" AMT planer Corley edger, F-350 1 ton, Ford 8000, 20' deck for loader and hauling, F-800 40' bucket truck, C60 Chevy 6 yd. dump truck.

thecfarm

That's a mill!!!!  I watched the set up one too.Interesting the way it folds up and the head can be turned.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

customsawyer

It looks like a neat mill but I don't see the need for two debarkers. I would also put a green chain on the off load side to help keep things from falling on the mill.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Bibbyman

I got to thinking about what the hydraulic schematic would look like.  Must be miles and miles of hoses and hundreds of valves and motors.

The hydraulic valves must be electric operated.  You couldn't drag hoses back and forth from the cab.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Bandmill Bandit

Quote from: customsawyer on April 17, 2011, 08:23:10 AM
It looks like a neat mill but I don't see the need for two debarkers. I would also put a green chain on the off load side to help keep things from falling on the mill.

If you want it done right the first time you need at least one German. If you want it screwed up RIGHT the first time you still need a German.

i agree on the second debarker
Skilled Master Sawyer. "Skilled labour don't come cheap. Cheap labour dont come skilled!
2018 F150 FX4, Husqvarna 340, 2 Logright 36 inch cant hooks and a bunch of stuff I built myself

D Hagens

That's one of the first things that I noticed about it :) It's always been one thing that I could never figure out about the mills that I've seen where the companies brag about the debarker  and how it saves the band as it goes in but in my mind it's always been what about the dirt and crap on the way out? I think this is a pretty good idea :)
Just one of many things that I think about before I buy a mill.

Bibbyman

Quote from: D Hagens on April 17, 2011, 06:02:24 PM

That's one of the first things that I noticed about it :) It's always been one thing that I could never figure out about the mills that I've seen where the companies brag about the debarker  and how it saves the band as it goes in but in my mind it's always been what about the dirt and crap on the way out? I think this is a pretty good idea :)
Just one of many things that I think about before I buy a mill.

I just wonder if this mill has an option to saw coming and going?   Then the dual de-barkers would make more sense.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

barbender

That would make more sense, Bibby. The whole set-up looks a bit over engineered, at least the way they present it. It would be neat to see one operating in real world conditions.
Too many irons in the fire

D Hagens

But Bibby do your logs not have dirt and rocks on the side that the band comes through ??? :D :D
If you think long and hard about it what's the point of clearing one side of the log to save the band and let the band exit through crap and debris? Seems like a few saw companies could learn a few things from these guys 8) 8)

Thank You Sponsors!