iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

cows

Started by slider, December 03, 2012, 06:56:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slider

Not mine WDH belongs to the farm but it sure makes our job easier .                                                                                                                         Customsawyer ,when we butcher one of the New Zeland grass fed steer's i will give you a call.Maybe you can drag WDH down and Dang up and then we won't be eating by ourselves.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
al glenn

Okrafarmer

Quote from: slider on December 09, 2012, 08:07:18 AM
Not mine WDH belongs to the farm but it sure makes our job easier .                                                                                                                         Customsawyer ,when we butcher one of the New Zeland grass fed steer's i will give you a call.Maybe you can drag WDH down and Dang up and then we won't be eating by ourselves. 

???
"The Grassfed Beef Project?"
You gonna do that one on the LT-70, Customsawyer?
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

Magicman

Sounds like this will truly be a "plant based" project.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

DanG

You won't have to drag me.  I'm self-propelled. ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

WDH

No dragging required  :D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

customsawyer

Getting us stopped before we run over the grill is a bit tougher than getting us there. :D
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

slider

Well the old jumper brought 1530.20 bucks.We figure in 10 years she ate 3000 bucks worth of grass and hay and tore up about 600 bucks worth of gates and fences.We worked about 180 cows yesterday with only a couple of small incidents .Two steers took revenge on us care givers .They did not appreciate the process of getting wormed and vaccinated ,matter of fact it was dammed funny to those of us who were close to the fence.I didn't know some of our crew could run so fast or jump a fence that well.Age matters none when you have a mad steer bearing down on you.Hope to finish tomorrow about 300 left.
al glenn

WDH

You will be glad to get back to sawing some lumber  ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Okrafarmer

Quote from: slider on December 11, 2012, 01:00:10 PM
Age matters none when you have a mad steer bearing down on you.

That may be so, but after you clear that fence, age matters when you hit the ground!
:D

8) smile_banjoman smiley_bull_stomp
smiley_guitarist smiley_guitarist smiley_guitarist

The other day I helped a farmer
Get his cows into the barn--
The meanest one he had
Was one with only one horn.
"Go ahead and kick her,"
he said, "If you dare,"
But when I kicked the cow
She sent me flying up in the air!

Well-- I hit the ground a-runnin,
Cause, what else can you do,
When a big old cow decides
To set her sights on you?

They invited me to supper,
Had some macaroni cheese,
Then we went onto the porch
To enjoy the evening breeze.
The farmer had a daughter,
And she sat upon the swing,
And beckoned to me slyly
With a hand with no ring.
"Go ahead and kiss her,"
He said, "If you dare,"
But I took one look and figured
That I had to beware.

Well-- I hit the ground a-runnin,
Cause, what else can you do,
When a big old cow decides
To set her sights on you?

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

slider

Ocra i think you have stepped in it.The poem was fine but putting big girls and cows in the same sentence has always gotten me in trouble .I have the scars to prove it.
al glenn

Okrafarmer

Quote from: slider on December 12, 2012, 09:08:37 PM
Ocra i think you have stepped in it.The poem was fine but putting big girls and cows in the same sentence has always gotten me in trouble .I have the scars to prove it.

"Based on a real life experience"
;D

Thank You Sponsors!