iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

seems like a feed problem to me

Started by woodmills1, April 30, 2007, 09:00:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodmills1

My woodmizer hd 40 has had sluggish feed problems before, all fixed by this wonderful board or woodmizer techs.

BUT  I seem to have a new problem

lately on first starts and for the next few passes
the feed feels and seems to go to full speed
regardless of the rehostat setting.

turn off, and turn back on and all is fine
but I think I am about to have the big problem
of only full on feed rate any day now

any thoughts or feedback?
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Tom

the Rheostat going full speed used to be one of the book's trouble shooting diagnosis for a worn out Rheostat.

pineywoods

The speed control is the same part as the volume control in your radio or stero. they don't wear so musch as just get dirty. Inside there's a little brass wiper that runs on a carbon ring. Pry the back off and squirt it full of carburator cleaner while rotating the knob. If that don't work, replacement is not much of a problem.
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

LeeB

carbon build  up is the main culprit with a reostat. a pencil eraser works great.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

woodmills1

for some reason I don't think it is the rehostat control itself, as I replaced it a short time ago.  Is the speed controled by the circuit board?
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Percy

Quote from: woodmills1 on May 01, 2007, 09:11:16 AM
for some reason I don't think it is the rehostat control itself, as I replaced it a short time ago.  Is the speed controled by the circuit board?
The thing is controled by a circut board. Apparently a DC motor will burn out if you give it low amps/volts(lectrik thingies) ;D. Anyways to beat this, the circut board pulses full power on and off real quick when you are going slower than full speed. Less pulses are slower and more pulses are faster. Im only speculatin here but it does sound like a circut board.... ;D
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

sparks

The potentiometer will not make the mill run full speed intermitantly. This is usually caused by the control module of the board. Does your power feed panel have a black box with light on it? If it does this is the part thay fails and causes the full speed run. You will need a part number 024396-1.   Thanks
\"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.\" Abraham Lincoln

woodmills1

I will have to check for the black box, but BTW it was just fine yesterday all day.  Hope it stays that way too.

Thank You Sponsors!