iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

what is this and can i eat it.

Started by doc henderson, October 16, 2020, 07:37:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WDH

When I harvested them from the tree, I always grabbed them by that spiny thing on their butt end.  

https://extension.psu.edu/catalpa-worm-catalpa-sphinx-moth
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

WV Sawmiller

I have told but will repeat this. Catalpa worms emit a nasty brownish green spittle that severely stains your hands. It is almost impossible to get off. My dad was a cook in the Army and said the only way he ever found to get rid of catalpa juice stain was to make a big batch of biscuit dough. 'Nuff said.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

GAB

There isn't enough milk chocolate in the world for just one in my opinion.
GAB
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

YellowHammer

YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Thank You Sponsors!