iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sawmill Auxillary Equipment

Started by Snag, February 07, 2006, 10:33:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snag

Well, as I have been waiting for my WPF to make it to Captain, I figured I should buy it some other equipment to keep it company while I'm at my day-job.  Here are a couple pics of its soon to be friends:

2004 New Holland 40 HP with loader and 8.5' backhoe.  210 hrs on it.  It also came with a post hole digger, york rake, rototiller, back blade and box grader.  I would like to get some forks for log handling, but that can wait.  I took it out in the woods and brought back 25 or so nice pine and hemlock using the draw bar and 3pt.

This truck was the second item of the deal.  It is a 1990 Chevy 3500 1 ton dump with 14500 original miles.  Beautiful condition.  I used it and the trailer below (the third item of the package deal) to bring home the tractor and implements.  It was a two hour drive and it went perfect.

This be the trailer.  1998 Pro-Line.  registered right now for 7k.  nice shape, new tires and brakes.

Dont know if I got as good a deal as jpgreen seems to find, but I think I did pretty well on it.  I was just shopping for a tractor, but when this deal came up for less, I jumped.

jpgreen

Hay- you done great snag...  8) 8) :) 8) 8)

Wow! those rigs look nice- and I'm a GM man too...   ;D........ smiley_beertoast

I gotta clean up my act. 

It's the price you pay for deals, not to mention lots of paint..  ::) :D :D.... ;D ;D
-95 Wood-Mizer LT40HD 27 Hp Kawasaki water cooled engine-

Frank_Pender

Well done, Snag. I am a Ford man myself.  The tractor looks like the old Ford tractor colors.  Looks as though you got a backhoe attatched? 8)
Frank Pender

Snag

Yep, it's an 8.5' backhoe with an 18" bucket.  looks like it has barely been used.

Husband

They look good from here.
But.....whats that white stuff? :D :D :D

Snag

Believe it or not, all the white stuff is gone.  Pretty much a dismall winter for the snowmobilers.  A friend of mine bought a new Polaris 4-stroke for around $11k and has put less than 3 hours on it.  Personally I like it.  Cold enough so the ground is tight to skid logs, and no snow to drudge thru. 

Captain

Now THAT's the size New Holland I would like instead of my 1715.  You'll see it when you come for training....it does the tractor work well, but the log moving is pretty tough.  You'll also see what I got to fix THAT problem :)

Captain

thecfarm

As soon as your mill comes in,build something to keep that nice tractor out of the weather.Love that blue color.I built a shed for mine,before I got my mill.It looks awful,but it keeps the weather out.If you are going to twitch logs with it,buy a winch for it.I have one and really like it.Tires are loaded I hope? Lucky you found all this nice stuff,except for that,I can't say the brand,truck.  :D  Have fun.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Snag

A pole barn is going to be one of the first uses for my WPF.  I will keep it tarped in the meantime.  The rear tires are filled.  I was talking to a friend about a winch, but not really familiar with a winch on a tractor.  Never had them on the farm.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?  I think I saw something by hudson once upon a time.  Any of the sponsors to the left have something? 

Captain- Cant wait for the training.  I remember reading something on the forum where someone was comparing the wait to a kid before Christmas.  He wasnt kidding.  Do you want me to bring something to saw up?  I got a buddy lined up to go down with me.  Its good he can go because he is going to be the guy that tails for me and runs the mill when one of us gets pooped and needs to switch.  I will need to get some info from you later on concerning a hotel or something.  We will probably go down the night before to break up the trip. smiley_beertoast   

Captain

I'll let you choose from the piles of probably 30,000BF on the ground rightnow.  Infact, stay as long as you like and cut up as much as you want.

I'll get your information for lodging to you.

Captain

thecfarm

You can do a search on here with farmi winches.This will bring you some infro.Could go to a dealer and tell them what you have for a tractor and they will match you up with one for the size of your tractor.Don't have to buy a new one.I myself would get one.They last for years and make life so much easier.I wish my Dad would of bought one years ago.We use to do the chains thing,go into the woods with 3-4 chains.What a bother if we couldn't back up to the log due to other trees,rocks,wet hole etc.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Norm

I've got the farmi winch for my tractor and that thing is darn handy to have around the farm. I probably use it for other things as much as for skidding logs.

wiam

Here is my Tajfun winch.  It is not this shiny anymore.  It has a band brake rather than a rachet, like some of the others.  I have seen times with rachet style that I could not winch in to release the brake. >:(

Thank You Sponsors!