iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

delimber

Started by curved-wood, March 29, 2021, 08:51:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

curved-wood

mike_belben

brilliant.  though i am surprised they made it to require a helper.  id have started off with 1 man in mind.. probably a hook for a machine to move to from tree to tree.  still very impressed. bet it'd work good to grow a poplar veneer plantation too. 
Praise The Lord

nativewolf

Yes mike , I would agree.  Pine in  NZ too
Liking Walnut

barbender

I want one in the ride along option😁
Too many irons in the fire

mike_belben

google karnataka farmer develops bike to climb trees
Praise The Lord

curved-wood

Quote from: mike_belben on March 29, 2021, 11:23:09 AM
google karnataka farmer develops bike to climb trees
I've checked your link for climbing bike. It is the dreaming machine to pick-up coconut. If your throttle gets stuck for any reason, I hope they have a safety measure so that you don't fly in the sky ;D

Ianab

Quote from: mike_belben on March 29, 2021, 09:38:06 AM
brilliant.  though i am surprised they made it to require a helper.  id have started off with 1 man in mind.. probably a hook for a machine to move to from tree to tree.  still very impressed. bet it'd work good to grow a poplar veneer plantation too.
Assumes you have nice clear ground and space to manoeuvre to each tree. Most pine plantations here in NZ are on hills or other uneven terrain. Not to say that similar ideas haven't been tried here, just they don't seem able to compete with a van load of Pacific Islanders with hand tools and ladders out in the actual forest. 
The idea of having the power pack on the tractor at least takes the weight off the cutter mechanism, and you only have to get the tractor within 50 ft of the tree, so able to access more of the trees. 
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Thank You Sponsors!