iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

chainsaw pole pruners

Started by weekend_logger, April 22, 2004, 05:49:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weekend_logger

Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum but have enjoyed reading the other posts.  I've been around chainsaws for a couple of years and have a Stihl 026 and 036, and an echo 345.  We've been considering getting a pole pruner, but don't really know what one to choose.  If anyone knows much about these, or has any brand preferences that would be great.  

Steve

Hunter

I have both the Stihl and the Echo pole pruners.
The Echo is by far the way to go. With the extension, I can get around 25' and it has great power and not as heavy as the stihl.
Hunter
Jmccomas@insight.rr.com
614-554-2169
Dolmar / Efco / Redmax / Silvey Grinders Sales

AtLast

Welcome to the FF. I use a pole pruner daily and it is a STIHL. I HIGHLY recommend it. Get to the shoulders after a day of usin it but it sure beats a pole-saw. ;D

jokers

I`ve got an echo PPT-260 with a 5' extension and really like it although it is a handfull. I felt that the Echo is a little more durable, but both the Echo and Stihl are excellent products if you apply a little common sense in the care and use of these tools.

Russ

GAV64

I HAVE AN OLD POWERPRUNER, ABOUT 10 YEARS OLD WITH THE EXTRA 5 FOOT EXTENSION AND 10" BLADE, I BELIEVE ITS AN ECHO ENGINE. ITS ONE OF THOSE TOOLS THAT YOU WON'T USE EVERY DAY BUT YOU WILL BE HAPPY YOU HAVE IT WHEN YOU NEED IT. WISH SOMEONE COULD DEVISE  A HARNESS LIKE YOU GET WITH A GOOD CLEARING SAW, THE SHOULDER STRAP IS USELESS, OTHER THAN THAT IT HAS BEEN EXCELLENT.GLENN.

grampt1

Welcome Steve
  I have the Echo PPT 2100 with the 5' extention and it works great but with the extention on it is a real handfull for me,I guess I need to eat more Wheaties.

D._Frederick

I have a Husqvarna non telescoping about 8ft long overall, it really cut for only 1.2hp. I looked at the telescoping model, but it was too heavy to handle with a bad back.

firtol88

Anyone have any experience with these http://www.kimcousa.com/hv968051802.html (took a while to find a link with a pic) 326LDx
 8) 8)
There's men who drink Guinness, and there's men who drink what's left when we're done with it.

* Note to Democrats, yes please flee to Canada!

Hunter

I have the Stihl version wich is the KM85. I have the Edger,Power broom, mini cultivator , weed eater head, hedge trimmer and pole pruner.
Not a bad little machine.
Hunter
Jmccomas@insight.rr.com
614-554-2169
Dolmar / Efco / Redmax / Silvey Grinders Sales

Duane_Moore

Weekend_logger.  Just picked up a few of the pole saws for trimming, we went to eletric. because of the weight and power, and cost. the remington 10" pole saw is only $ 94.00 and extends to about 15'  uses  Ore. 91 chain. and a hand oiler. we use them in the tree baskets. for the weight. and they stop when you let go of trigger, and you don't have to try and start one in a basket. I recomend this for  non heavy use. will let you know in a few mounth how they last.  Duh---Duane
village Idiot---   the cat fixers----  I am not a complete Idiot. some parts missing.

weekend_logger

Thanks for all of the replies, I am definetly considering the echo now.  I think that they are a good brand and I love the echo 345 chainsaw I have.  :)
Steve

Thank You Sponsors!