iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Midnight sawing

Started by Bogue Chitto, February 25, 2013, 09:43:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bogue Chitto

Can't get caught up.  Had to start sawing at night. 

SPD748

I use one of those light towers on night time vehicle crash scenes. Man, do they ever crank out some light!

-lee
Frick 0 Handset - A continuing project dedicated to my Dad.

410 Deere, 240 Massey... I really need a rough terrain forklift :)

Sawing Since 1-19-2013 @ 3:30 pm
Serving Since 2002
"Some police officers give tickets, some gave all."

Bogue Chitto

I also use the lights for Blueberry picking at night.  It will light up the whole field. 

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: SPD748 on February 25, 2013, 09:51:54 AM
I use one of those light towers on night time vehicle crash scenes. Man, do they ever crank out some light!

-lee

Now you've let the cat out of the bag.  :D   I can see Shelby P.D. missing a light come time to saw this summer. :D :D :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Sixacresand

The Super Bowl people should consider having a few of them around.  If it puts out enough light to mill by, then it should be enough to tackle somebody.   :D
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

moandrich

Love the lights on the mill.  Are they driving lights, did you hook them up permanently ?
woodmizer lt 40HD  2007
Kubota RTVX1100 2019
Kubota L3940   2009

Magicman

I thought that I saw a glow on my Southern horizon.    smiley_lit_bulb smiley_sidelightbulb smiley_idea   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Bogue Chitto

Quote from: moandrich on February 25, 2013, 01:20:47 PM
Love the lights on the mill.  Are they driving lights, did you hook them up permanently ?
12 volt lights from local auto store.

Bogue Chitto

Quote from: Magicman on February 25, 2013, 02:02:01 PM
I thought that I saw a glow on my Southern horizon.    smiley_lit_bulb smiley_sidelightbulb smiley_idea   ;D
You want see it tonight MM with this weather coming in.

customsawyer

Got to do what you have to do.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

drobertson

I can't wait to wear short sleeve shirts again, it must be nice down there this time of year, not counting the storms, 
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

DaleK

Quote from: drobertson on February 25, 2013, 07:09:45 PM
I can't wait to wear short sleeve shirts again, it must be nice down there this time of year, not counting the storms,

I was working in short sleeves this afternoon, got up to 37 and I was sweating so much I had to take my spring jacket off...
Hud-Son Oscar 330
Wallenstein FX110
Echo chainsaws and a whole bunch of tractors

Bogue Chitto

Quote from: drobertson on February 25, 2013, 07:09:45 PM
Come summer time it will be great working at night.  8)

drobertson

No doubt, summer time means, 6:00 to 11:00,  then 7:00 to 10:00,  unless the fish are bitting ;D and then sometimes who cares if they are,   david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

WindyAcres

QuoteCan't get caught up.  Had to start sawing at night.
You are lucky, thats a good problem to have!
2011 Woodmizer Lt40 Hyd G28, Stihl Chainsaws, Tractor with Farmi Winch, Woodturning Lathe,....

Thank You Sponsors!