iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

cedar planter

Started by hackberry jake, April 14, 2014, 12:51:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hackberry jake

The wife wants to grow beets this year and our garden soil is geared more for tomatoes. Beets dont do so well. So I built some of these. She's thrilled.  8)

https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Very nice....they say if you grow Beets close to Cedar, your Beets will be Redder.  ::) ::) ::)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

hackberry jake

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on April 14, 2014, 06:08:30 PM
Very nice....they say if you grow Beets close to Cedar, your Beets will be Redder.  ::) ::) ::)
really?

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

kderby

Jake...consider the source. ;D

Ok Poston, you got him....happy now? 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

But wait, what if it were true?????

OK, now you got me..... :)

Jake, it is up to your wife.  Are cedar beets redder than soil beets?  Film at eleven! :o

hackberry jake

How can beets get any redder?

WDH

The hounds look skeptical of Poston's speculation.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

kderby

Quote from: WDH on April 14, 2014, 10:32:58 PM
The hounds look skeptical of Poston's speculation.

Quote from: hackberry jake on April 14, 2014, 09:44:13 PM
How can beets get any redder?

Oh, ye of little faith?

If the beets are redder is that not better? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Bill Gaiche

Jake, have the wife take photos of beets at harvest time so we can judge the redness. Those are nice planters and will be easy to use. bg

pineywoods

Cedar works well for that. Have 2 big ones on the front porch, used for flowers. Wife can mess with the plants from her wheel chair..Only downside, the plants usually don't survive the winter, have to buy her new ones every spring..
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

hackberry jake

Quote from: pineywoods on April 15, 2014, 10:34:08 AM
Cedar works well for that. Have 2 big ones on the front porch, used for flowers. Wife can mess with the plants from her wheel chair..Only downside, the plants usually don't survive the winter, have to buy her new ones every spring..
the deer have a certain affection for my wifes flowers. She shoots at them with a bb gun when she catches them in the act. I dont think she is hitting them because most of the time they just stand there staring at her while I am rolling on the ground laughing.
I put the compost/top soil mix in them today and planted the beets for her.

yukon cornelius

very nice! happy wife, happy life!
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

WDH

I beet that you will be eating well, soon.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Thank You Sponsors!