iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Drying Felled Adult Yellow Pine as whole logs for poles.....?

Started by JERICO, January 19, 2012, 03:56:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

Now 50 years later you get $50 for ransom.  :-\  I know it doesn't have to be peeled by hand anymore,or loaded by hand,but just how the price is now compared to than.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

lumberjack48

Quote from: WDH on January 25, 2012, 09:32:15 PM
Lumberjack,

That looks a whole lot like hard work to me!  Debarking that much wood requires an objective  ;D.

I believe these are cabin poles, i was showing what we peeled them with. A good Ole peeling spud, i have a few hrs behind one. The only time a spud was used was on poles they didn't want to buy during slipping season.
I started peeling pulp in the late 50's, Aspen or Poplar, Jack pine, Balsam, Birch and Norway pulpwood. As soon as it started slip-en we were peel-en, about late April, depended a lot on the weather. It would tighten up about the middle of July, quit slipping.
The last peeled wood i sold was 1980, all 4 of my kids got a taste of peeling pulpwood.
1968 i got $11. for rough pulpwood loaded on rail, $18 for peeled pulp.

Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

Thank You Sponsors!