iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

LubeMizer not working

Started by Dudaks, May 24, 2015, 08:17:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dudaks

Hello All,

Fired the mill up to get it ready to saw some cedar for my brother and the LubeMizer on my 2002 LT40HD is not working. It was working late fall before I covered the mill for the winter. No evidence of critters but the mill did spend the winter outside. My control is mounted on the remote power box and the green light is not lit when I turn on the mill and engage the switch. There is no troubleshooting info in my manual so I am looking for a starting point as I am not very knowledgeable on the electric side of things. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Fred

Ga Mtn Man

If the green light doesn't light when the switch is in the "Continuous" position then either the 4A fuse inside the lubmizer box is blown or you are not getting power to the lubmizer from the FWD drum switch.  Also check that you have good ground to the lubmizer box.
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

drobertson

Good advice from GaMtnMan,  I had mine go out years ago, can't recall if the indicator light worked or not now, but knew it was not pumping. It proved to be a faulty pump motor on mine,  but down time and mice can cause havoc on wiring, so start from the switch and trace your voltage, you will find it.
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

GAB

I have an 2005 LT40 and so far my lubemizer problems have been a pump/motor failure and a blown 4 amp fuse.
My suggestion would be to check the two fuses.  One is a 4 amp and the other is a 2 amp.  If both fuses are good then I would disconnect the pump motor, and try to operate the pump from the battery.  If it runs ok then it is most likely a wiring problem.
Please note that I am no Electrical genius.
Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

fishpharmer

There is a chance that the lube froze in the pump/filter/lines. 
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Dudaks

Thanks for all your help it was the 4A fuse that was bad. Now I am wondering what made it fail. I wasn't able to pick a fuse up today but I will try it out tomorrow.

Thanks again,

Fred

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Dudaks on May 26, 2015, 09:02:07 PM
Now I am wondering what made it fail.

Thanks again,

Fred

If a piece of trash gets in the pump or check valve and restricts proper operation.....things will heat up somewhere. The fuse will do its job.
My fuse blew last year, I put a new fuse back in and have not had any more problems.
Sometimes we forget, as a pump, belt, bearing or anything else can go bad.....so can a fuse for no reason.  :)

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

delvis

Quote from: Dudaks on May 26, 2015, 09:02:07 PM
Thanks for all your help it was the 4A fuse that was bad. Now I am wondering what made it fail. I wasn't able to pick a fuse up today but I will try it out tomorrow.

I wouldn't worry too much about what made it go as a 4 amp fuse is pretty small and a piece of crud stuck in the pump could have been enough to blow it. 

If I never saw another board I will at least die happy having spent the last few years working with my dad!

bkaimwood

Like delvis said, wouldn't sweat the fuse blowing much, unless it becomes a repeat failure...4 amps is nothing, and, as with any electrical motor, it doesn't take much to cause increased amperage draw by the motor circuit... Some particulate matter, even some thicker fluid, are all it takes...get back to it if it keeps happening
bk

Thank You Sponsors!