iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

This is a test....

Started by metalspinner, December 14, 2005, 06:18:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

metalspinner

...of patience!  I am learning to post pics. I wonder if this will work?

This is Teensawyer and Dad at my place this summer.
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

metalspinner

I can't believe I did it.... wait, how did I do it?

Part_Timer

You did a fine job  8)  8)  8)  8)  8)  8)

What ya sawing.  Looks like ya got plenty of help.
Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

etat

Well it's a GREAt picture and look forward to seeing more!!!!!!!
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

metalspinner

Here is one more for practice.

This is an ash that came out of the neighborhood.  The home owner couldn't believe I wouldn't charge anything to take the log away. ;D  The wood is now bunk beds for the boys.

Teensawyer is quartersawing a Pin oak.  That was one of five oaks that size he sawed that week. I'll get to more pics of those later.

beenthere

Glad you are getting some pics up. You must be grabbing the corners and moving them to 'size' your pic, as there appears to be a lot of distortion. What program are you using? Keep practicing, it will get to be perfect that way.  :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

rbarshaw

How did that Pin Oak turn out, I have several of them here and have heard that they'r not good for anything?
Been doing so much with so little for so long I can now do anything with nothing, except help from y'all!
By the way rbarshaw is short for Robert Barshaw.
My Second Mill Is Shopbuilt 64HP,37" wheels, still a work in progress.

TN_man

Hey Chris,
You got the hang of it, almost. But whatever you are doing don't change it, it makes me look thinner and Teenswinger taller. So we like it. ;D
WM LT-20 solar-kiln Case 885 4x4 w/ front end loader  80 acre farm  little time or money

metalspinner

Rbarshaw,
The pin oak is beautiful!  The color and quartered figure is spectacular.  The other large oak  cut that week was a black oak I believe.  It didn't look as nice.  However that tree was dying a slow miserable death.  The lumber had plenty of staining and shake in it.

I know you cannot see things from this shot.  The wood is already in the kiln and I don't have pics of it. 

You can see the black oak in the upper right corner with it's dark staining.  The hollow log next to it was the second 8' log.   I'll leave your to imagination what the third log looked like.  The little one's up front were the spectacular one's.
BTW, the swing mill makes perfect lumber.  This was my second go-around with Teenswinger and TN-man and they did a terific job each time.

metalspinner

Sorry...here's that second pic.

Ernie

You're comin along nicely.  Good to see that you got the basketball team involved in your first pic.
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

Dan_Shade

your pictures are distorted a bit because of a thing called "aspect ratio".

there is probably an option in your software to "maintain aspect ratio", or "preserve aspect ratio" or something like that

looks good, though!
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

metalspinner

Yes,
I was adjusting the vertical and horizontal independently to get each direction to 400 .  That was the mistake.  This was with XAT.com.  I stopped doing that after I shank my burl to much.  Maybe if I would have enlarged the burl I could have printed a larger one ! :D :D

rbarshaw

Thank's for the info about the pin oak. Does anyone know if that is different from water oak?
Been doing so much with so little for so long I can now do anything with nothing, except help from y'all!
By the way rbarshaw is short for Robert Barshaw.
My Second Mill Is Shopbuilt 64HP,37" wheels, still a work in progress.

Thank You Sponsors!