iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Anyone with Timber Harvester experience

Started by Wick, February 11, 2013, 05:16:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wick

When I disengage the blade on my 2002 TH30HT25 the blade continues to rotate.
It is not supposed to do that right!!????
Any ideas on what to check, adjust, or replace???
Timber Harvester 30HT25

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Wick, I know nothing about your mill. Do you have a manuel? It sounds like the blade break needs adjusting if your mill has a break.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

mikeb1079

is that a jackson timber harvester?  if so i think ron weinrich ran one.  he'll probably chime in soon.
that's why you must play di drum...to blow the big guys mind!
homebuilt 16hp mill
99 wm superhydraulic w/42hp kubota

york

Wick,i have that mill,only older,a 94....

Do you have the right length belts,on this mill???

albert
Albert

dutchman

I run a 95 30HT.
Have you changed your belts, or adjusted the tension?
On my mill on the drive side there is a bar that directs the
belt onto the motor pulley. That bar keeps the belts from running
tight on the drive pulley. It may need adjusted, a little movement
up or down can cause the belts to run all the time.
When you disengage the blade it should coast to a full stop.

bandmiller2

As Dutch said when belts are used as A clutch you will find some sort of guard or pins to keep the belt loose around the driving pulley.If you engauge the clutch,engine off,move the pins/guard so when you release the clutch the belts are loose around the pulley.You may need to fuss with it a little to get it just right without belt creep. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Wick

OK, so it sounds like what I was seeing. Basically the belts should "slip" on the drive shaft pulley until engaged. As for proper belt length, I will have to check them against the manual. I can picture everything you guys posted so we might be on to something, THANKS!! Maybe this weekend I'll get some pics.......Got to go to a meeting now  ;)
Timber Harvester 30HT25

Brad_S.

I am on my second TH, a 36HTD25. Awesome machines...I miss them.
As mentioned, there are two pins mounted on the engine block, one above the drive shaft pulley and one below. If the belts won't stop, rotate the pins (a hammer will do the job) closer to the pulley to cause the belts to slack around the pulley. I am out of town right now otherwise I would snap a photo for you but it sounds like you understand what we're talking about.
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." J. Lennon

Wick

Thanks, yeah a picture would be great. I think mine is modified and it only has the top pin. Actually not a pin in mine, more like an" L " bracket and don't remember seeing one on the bottom.
I hope to be able to brag on mine one day. I just recently rescued it again and hope to get it running correctly.  >:(   Long story but I'm about three years behind in this venture. Thanks again.
Timber Harvester 30HT25

york

Hey Wick,what motor do you have on this mill?Maybe a pic. from you would help.....albert
Albert

Brad_S.

I will be home by the weekend and will get a shot for you.

Wick

I'll try some pics too, maybe this weekend. The motor I know is not original. It's a 2 cylinder DUETZ diesel
F2L511. 23 KW which I think is about 30 HP. I think theres a couple pictures in my gallery, but nothing up close.
Timber Harvester 30HT25

york

Wick,TH did use Duetz two cyl. diesel`s because i have one in my mill-have a pic. for you hope it helps-the pins are spaced out from the pulley about 1/4 inch,so belts can slip and maybe more if you belts are deeper.....There two pins,another on bottom of motor pulley,could not get in pic. and same deal as top pin...

OK,next pic. shows how the belts should look,as for length,they need to be parallel form motor pulley to where they run over the idler pulley..

OK,hope this helps you,albert
Albert

Wick

Thanks. Nice barn by the way :). When you disengage yours does the tensioner pulley still contact the belts? Maybe it just needs adjustment but it didn't look like there was much adjustment left. I'll play with it tomorrow and try to put all this advice to good use. The guy I got it from told me he replaced the engine, but I didn't know it was OEM.
Timber Harvester 30HT25

True North

We have had the same thing happen with our TH.  Cant get the blade to stop, and I had no luck trying to adjust it.

Brad_S.

Pushing the "pins", top and bottom like the ones pictured above, usually does the trick if you are using the right size belt.
The belt will rest on the engaging pulley but not be tight on it when idle.
If the belt is still tight against the engaging pulley, you can losen the lock nut on the stainless steel connecting rod and slide the rod further out from the engaging handle.
I will get a photo of what I am talking about tonight.

True North

Does anyone know which belts should be used?  When we got the mill it had b-90s on it, but in talking to someone else, they thought they used b-95s for drive belts.  Is that right?

Wick

QuoteWick,TH did use Duetz two cyl. diesel`s because i have one in my mill-have a pic. for you hope it helps-the pins are spaced out from the pulley about 1/4 inch,so belts can slip and maybe more if you belts are deeper.....There two pins,another on bottom of motor pulley,could not get in pic. and same deal as top pin...

Anyone know where I can get these pins. Mine are gone and the only thing I have is a piece of bent flat iron on the top, nothing on the bottom. It could work if one was added to the bottom, but would rather have the correct part.

QuoteDoes anyone know which belts should be used?  When we got the mill it had b-90s on it, but in talking to someone else, they thought they used b-95s for drive belts.  Is that right?

I will look in the manual for it
Timber Harvester 30HT25

Wick

Oops..didn't highlight the qoutes.  Line 1 and 3 are qoutes, 2 and 4 responses.
Timber Harvester 30HT25

beenthere

Wick
You can modify and edit your posts, easily by going to it and clicking on the "modify" button.

Quotes need to be in the square brackets enclosing the word 'quote' with the trailing one including a backward slash.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

ladylake

Quote from: york on February 14, 2013, 01:52:20 PM
Wick,TH did use Duetz two cyl. diesel`s because i have one in my mill-have a pic. for you hope it helps-the pins are spaced out from the pulley about 1/4 inch,so belts can slip and maybe more if you belts are deeper.....There two pins,another on bottom of motor pulley,could not get in pic. and same deal as top pin...

OK,next pic. shows how the belts should look,as for length,they need to be parallel form motor pulley to where they run over the idler pulley..

I have a TK but I think my pins are no where near that close to the center of the pulley and the blade stops good.  It almost looks like that bracket should be flipped over putting the pin a few inches away from the pulley.    steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Dewey

Well sounds like you guys gave all the right info.....  I have a "94" 30 Ht Its been a great mill  I have been running it full time for the last 17 years  !!!!!!

Brad_S.

Quote from: ladylake on April 06, 2013, 07:10:58 AM
Quote from: york on February 14, 2013, 01:52:20 PM

I have a TK but I think my pins are no where near that close to the center of the pulley and the blade stops good.  It almost looks like that bracket should be flipped over putting the pin a few inches away from the pulley.    steve
Steve,
A Timber Harvester and a Timber King are two very different machines. The pins on a TH should be very close to the pulley...almost touching it.

The belt you need depends on the model you have. I have the larger HT36 series and it takes a B-100, can't help you with the HT30 model. Cook's carries a similar mill and are knowledgable about TH's. There is also a mill manufacturer in PA that is run by former TH employees and our sponsor CMS employs a few ex-THers so they may be able to help too.

ladylake

Different machines but both have pulleys and a belt, on mine it keeps the belt away from the drive pully almost like pinching the belt a ways from the end..   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

york

OK guys,took another look at the guide pins for the drive belts and the top pin is 1/4 inch above edge of pulley and because of the angle of belts@bottom of pulley,this pin is 1/2 inch from edge of motor pulley-I always put stuff back together the way it came from Waterloo,ny...albert
Albert

Thank You Sponsors!