iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Heads up, Upcoming Firefox V 3.6 and required Java update to V 6.10

Started by SwampDonkey, November 30, 2009, 07:27:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Jeff

That will help out those that have a problem with our java uploader. Usually if it doesnt work, that is the problem. Outdated Java platform, or no java at all.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

SwampDonkey

Firefox 3.6 is still in beta, beta 5 to be exact. Suppose to play online videos faster than previous versions. I went from beta 1 to 5 in less than a week, so I don't know if 5 updates where in a week, or since it's release in November. I had assumed by first update to 3.6 was the latest and that was just a few days ago. I have not had any troubles with 3.6, but there are known crashes being acknowledged. So, best is to wait on the stable version of 3.6 before upgrading if your the faint of heart. ;D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Larry

I crashed Firefox on searchtempest.com so bad I had to destroy it.  Think it was the new Java they are running.  IE handles it well.  Going back to Firefox...soon.
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

SwampDonkey

I have not crashed it yet. I have 3.6 b5 of Firefox and Java 6. update 17.

SwampDonkey

Firefox 3.6 is non beta now, remember to upgrade your Java to V 6.10 or later.