iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

weight loss contest/support

Started by doc henderson, January 26, 2020, 10:53:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

doc henderson

great work.  i think now is a time to go slow and see how you feel.  I am at 177, down from 190.  feel good but still a ways to go.  Georgia was at 127 with a goal of 126 or now maybe 120.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

randy d

I was at 166.8 this morning now the tuff part is just maintaining that weight I don't want to lose more this is the lightest I have been since I got out of the Army in 1971. thanks for the help from all of you. Randy

Ljohnsaw

I was at a high of 212 around Christmas.  My goal for a loooong time was 185.  When this tread started, I actually gained a pound or two.  I was sloooowly loosing and got down to 197 last week.  I was working up on my cabin for 3 days hauling logs and such that when I came home last night I was at 190.5 (slightly dehydrated).  Had a big dinner and this morning I was at 193.  Haven't been there for 2 or 3 years.  Maybe 185 is doable this year.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

doc henderson

It is absolutely doable with a combo of exercise and watching total calories.  go for it!!!  make us proud!
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

trapper

My scale has the numbers too close together to get exact number but down a hair over 10 pounds.  very slow going down but not going out to fast food has helped.  Never had good luck with electric scales.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

doc henderson

good job.  0.2 pound means nothing anyway.  keep it trending down.  i weigh each day, but am looking for an overall trend.  can be up or down depending on hydration, urine or bm.

trapper

My plantar facitis while not completely healed is much better which alows me to do much more.  New work shoes helped too.  Ordered them from red wing store and had to wait 2 months to get them.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

stanwelch

Finally made 35# lost. 17 weeks 226#. Slow but steady. Added 5 notches to each belt. Hard to keep the pants up!
Woodworker, Woodmizer LT15, Stihl 026, MS261CM and 460 chainsaws, John Deere 5410 Tractor 540 Loader,Forks & Grapple, Econoline 6 ton tilt bed trailer

Walnut Beast

Good job👍👍. Keep cinching that belt. That's a good thing 😂

Jeff

Ljohnsaw

Well, down to 190 two mornings in a row so I guess it is official.  Down 22 since Christmas.  People are starting to notice - feels good.  185 looks quite doable and 180 would be nice to see again.  Been about 30 years...
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

doc henderson

everyone seems to be heading in the proper direction.

Jeff

Caught some dude on the roof of our pavilion build.

Sedgehammer

Quote from: Jeff on June 27, 2020, 07:08:25 PM
Caught some dude on the roof of our pavilion build.

Just don't chase him off, leastwise till you're done. Looks like he's helpin a bit. 
Necessity is the engine of drive

Jeff

Well, last night after crawling off the pavilion roof we had a burger and sweet corn. I got up this morning and discovered I had my first Jalapeno from our raised garden! (Waiting for my attaboy from our on staff pepper meister @Ianab ;) )

I used that in my breakfast. But the real news is after breakfast, (and with pants on) I weighed in at 212.6. 95lbs lost.

Walnut Beast

Your working hard and eating good 👍

Ianab

Good stuff, just be warned, jalapeno are a gateway chilli ;D

Habanero next?
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

thecfarm

Jeff you are looking mighty fine!!
I have a cover up and put greenhouse poly on it. We planted more than 50 pepper plants in it. Like a wind tunnel. All sorts of different kinds. A lot of ace pepper, sweet ones. I can't do the hot ones. I laid down a piece of back plastic first. I always use black plastic. My plants get so big I have to put tomato cages around them. The plants will lay over with so many peppers on them. I get big, woody stocks too. Being in Maine them plants need some heat. 
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

hacknchop

Everyone seems to be doing good and thats great , I've been losing some weight don't know how much I've lost we don't have a scale and since the pandemic Dr's are not doing office visits but pants are loose and Im comfortable in 40"pants again but what I'm excited about is the fact that my 3month sugar average is below 7 which in Canada is what the Doctors target I don't know how that compares to the U.S. scale but I have had diabetes since 1998 and that's the first time it has been good.
Often wrong never indoubt

doc henderson

hemoglobin A1C is good.  keep up the good work.

randy d

Jeff what brand of air fryer do you have. think we would like to try a leaner way of cooking. Randy

Jeff

It is a pampered chef, but you can't buy them right now unless you host a party, as the quantities  are drastically limited to stock on hand for the forseeable future. I have a friend who is a dealer is how I know.

doc henderson

you can let the dealer know, and if someone else is having a party, you can ask to get it through them, especially with covid.  if you want.  it will add to their total which gets them stuff.

Jeff

Well, this morning I weighed in at 209.5. At 207.7, 1 will have lost 100 lbs. I can guarantee after today, that won't  happen for at least a few days now, but that's  okay. I have been dedicated, and can count maybe on one hand the number of days over the last 6 months that I felt I had over eaten. Today, I ate past full. I won't do that again. Until the next time.  ;D  But that's okay too. I know now, alI what I need to know to stay on the path I'm on and still allow myself the side trip to see the worlds largest ball of string. :)

Thank You Sponsors!