iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

weight loss contest/support

Started by doc henderson, January 26, 2020, 10:53:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Last night I found some frozen squash in the freezer. Watcha going to do with the squash Tammy says. I dunno I says.

This morning it was thawed and I was inspired. I may have invented my best recipe yet!  I ran it through  recipe analyzer and its really low calorie and healthy, and best of all it turned out perfect when I had no clue if it would. I just added stuff but kept track of what this time. I'm  really pleased with this and pleasing myself is almosted impossible.  I used the airfryer on bake. 350 for 20 minutes, switching trays at 10. No reason you cant use an oven. You can leave out the sugar as its just a sprinkle of brown before you bake, and a sprinkle of white powdered after.

Give the cookies a spray of pam before you bake, and bake on sprayed foil.

I present to you my friends, Squashed Breakfast cookies!

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

stanwelch

Thanks to Jeff I started noom Tuesday. After 4 days i lost 4#. 
I was stuck at 241 for 3 weeks. found out I was eating too many calories on the low carb diet. 

I like the noom meal/calorie tracker but the psyco stuff is a bit too much 

Anyone using a good calorie tracker app?

I see WDH snuck in there and he is doing well !!
Woodworker, Woodmizer LT15, Stihl 026, MS261CM and 460 chainsaws, John Deere 5410 Tractor 540 Loader,Forks & Grapple, Econoline 6 ton tilt bed trailer

doc henderson

some will loose fast and some slow.  can hit a wall.  I am at 180.  work vs home working at the shop, sawmill yard.  at least I am maintaining 180 down from 190.  My wife doing Noom is helping me as I pattern after her, eating proportionately.  At work eating salad for lunch, eggs for breakfast.  
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Jeff

I got a message from from my nephew who had bariatric surgery probabl 10 years ago. And is struggling right now. I tried to dig down and give him what I feel is MY answer to what he asked.
QuoteSo whats your secret with losing all this weight? What all are you doing? I have really been struggling lately with my weight. I've gained a lot during this stay at home  crap started. I really need help . I'm trying to use you as inspiration to lose weight. You have to be feeling awesome after losing that much weight!

Keeping track of everything that goes in my mouth and keeping under 1400 calories a day. I dont drink calories other than a small glass of 1% milk 2 or 3 time a week. Drink water. Drink coffee. Drink tea. Dont drink calories!! Dont drink diet anything.  Get your head right. Why are you eating? Boredom? Find something to do. Stress? Get rid of the stress. What ever it is. Who ever it is, dump it. Ive walked away from over half of my business  because it was killing me.  Eat because you are hungry. Give your dog(s) the last couple bites. Hungry? Eat! But don't eat until you are full. Eat until you are satisfied. By tuning into the food, taste, smell, appearance,  it will add everything and more you think you might lose with smaller portions. Smaller portions in time start looking larger and larger as your body and mind embrace what you are doing. Especially your mind!

Dont clean your plate because you should. The last bite is so boring compared to the first bite. The middle bites are mindless chewing. Clean it if you are hungry. Get more if you are hungry.

Think about what you are eating. Before, during and after. enjoy the process. Look forward to it. Design your meals! Plan them  but be flexible. Be the king, not the slave of how you look at food. Remove the love hate from everything you can. Make eating well your job. Its the best paycheck you can get with great fringe benefits and you will grow to be friends with your boss.

You can do it. Think before you eat. Smile and enjoy the process. YOU CAN DO IT.

Thanks for asking Matt8

Nebraska

8) Jeff you are spot on. I will not pretend it's easy advice to follow but is is true.  I really like seeing you posting pictures sawing with your mill, you are feeling better  and it shows through.

Jeff

I may get to the 200-teens prematurely. I had a root canal this morning. Turns out im part of the minority that has double rooted teeth. 2 root canals, one tooth, and it aint feeling good. I doubt I get to feeling like eating today.

stanwelch

Week 14   233#  28.4# lost. 

Since I started logging calories, I have doubled the rate of loss. I started logging with the Noom app but have switched to the Lose It! app.
The " Lose It! " app logs calories and weight with no frills, which I like, and it is FREE.   :)

I don't think I'll try the weight loss accelerator like Jeff.  smiley_tom_dizzy01 smiley_ignore
Woodworker, Woodmizer LT15, Stihl 026, MS261CM and 460 chainsaws, John Deere 5410 Tractor 540 Loader,Forks & Grapple, Econoline 6 ton tilt bed trailer

Jeff

I reached my original goal yesterday, and again today, so I'll make it official.

220.2 lbs. WITH PANTS STAN! :D

That's 87lbs.  

Last night seemed like a food extravaganza to celebrate, and it was, but because of why, not of what.  Strawberry shortcake. I can eat anything I want. I am the driver.  :)

doc henderson

great job.  Georgia is inspired and has lost 8 pounds and I am at 176.4 so moving in the proper direction.  I no longer have words Jeff.  fantastic job!  great inspiration.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

EOTE

Quote from: Jeff on June 06, 2020, 08:33:41 AM
I reached my original goal yesterday, and again today, so I'll make it official.

That's 87lbs.  

Last night seemed like a food extravaganza to celebrate, and it was, but because of why, not of what.  Strawberry shortcake. I can eat anything I want. I am the driver.  :)

That is awesome Jeff!  I would lose 87 lbs. just to eat strawberry shortcake if I could.    :D 8)  Unfortunately, I don't want to face diabetes so the best I can do is my no carb strawberry ice cream. :D  Great milestone accomplishment!  Kudos and high 5's. smiley_thumbsup
EOTE (End of the Earth - i.e. last place on the road in the middle of nowhere)  Retired.  Old guys rule!
Buzz Lightsaw, 12 Mexicans, and lots of Guy Toys

Walnut Beast

Quote from: Jeff on June 06, 2020, 08:33:41 AM

That's 87lbs.  

Last night seemed like a food extravaganza to celebrate, and it was, but because of why, not of what.  Strawberry shortcake. I can eat anything I want. I am the driver.  :)

Congratulations 🎉. And O yah on the shortcake!! 

randy d

Jeff you have every right to be proud that is out standing great job. I am holding steady at 170 -169. Randy

Jeff

I was going to refrain from an update already, but this was a big milestone,  so this one is for me but I really hope it helps someone. In the teens, passed my original goal, and only a little over a pound from 90 lbs lost.

Next stop? Who knows.

EOTE

Quote from: Jeff on June 08, 2020, 05:01:27 PM
I was going to refrain from an update already, but this was a big milestone,  so this one is for me but I really hope it helps someone. In the teens, passed my original goal, and only a little over a pound from 90 lbs lost.

Next stop? Who knows.

You're at a point Jeff where you need to replace every pound lost with a pound of rocks in a backpack.  You're already floating on air.   :D :D :D  We don't want you to blow away.
EOTE (End of the Earth - i.e. last place on the road in the middle of nowhere)  Retired.  Old guys rule!
Buzz Lightsaw, 12 Mexicans, and lots of Guy Toys

doc henderson

the bump over your eye prob. weighs 0.1 pounds!  :) such a great job, and I hope you cont. to feel better.  you are obviously getting lots of work done, the best form of exercise IMO.

Walnut Beast

That's AWESOME!!!!   Now it's time to start lifting some weights for 1 hr a night or some type of resistance training and get stacked 💪🏋️‍♀️

thecfarm

You need to brag. You have Bragging Rights!!!!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Jeff

I can see my toes and I can also see my right eyebrow!

WDH

Doesn't look as bad as I thought.  (I mean the eyebrow ;D).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Jeff

WDH

doc henderson

Georgia is under 130 (her first goal).  she has been a runner for years and never lost weight since she ate to compensate for the calories she burned.  she is planning for a 126 weight, but she will do as Jeff has done, and re-evaluate as it happens.  she was at 120 when we met.  I think that will be too low.   I am at 176 so holding steady and moving slow...  but in the right direction.  :).  Thanks Jeff and Tammy for the platform, for the support, and being an inspiration for us all.  

Jeff

Cool beans!

This morning I weighed in at 216.2.  I have only weighed that one other time in my life. I had to have visuted it on the way up sometime about 40 years ago. I plan on a short visit on this return trip, and to never see it again.

dgdrls

Congratulations on all your progress 8)

It's a tough challenge indeed

D

Thank You Sponsors!